DRZ 400e Fork oil Height/Air Gap

Hi all,

I am after some clarification with regards to the fork oil level. I want to change the fork oil and I have the DRZ400 manaul that I downloaded from TT. The manual is saying to fill the fork to 165mm below the top of the inner tube. It is also saying that it should be about 709mL. I would be happy to follow this, but I am having some doubts after watching an instructional video on YouTube https://youtu.be/LZwpWQQ01aQ where he says that the level is set to 122mm below the top, and then also going through the old posts about this where most people are quoting 122mm or 4.5". What level should the fork be filled too? This is for a 2007 Australian DRZ400e. 

There is a range of adjustment in fork oil height. A smaller measured depth height (more oil) equals stiffer action at the final few inches of travel. Most adjustments are made in 5mm increments .

This should go without saying but don't second guess the manual because of something you saw on YouTube.

10 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

There is a range of adjustment in fork oil height. A smaller measured depth height (more oil) equals stiffer action at the final few inches of travel. Most adjustments are made in 5mm increments .

This should go without saying but don't second guess the manual because of something you saw on YouTube.

Thanks for the reply Ohio. I'll go with the 165mm.