09 KX450F advice

whats this hose for an should it b connected to anything was leaking something when i was goin over it just got the bike 2 days ago 20170627_164954.jpg

Crankcase breather tube. It's supposed to be open ended and will occasionally leak a little bit of fluid. 

I don't like the look of that wire tie that's holding it in place. I wouldn't want that to chew through the magneto wire that it's also wrapped around. 

• Like 2

when i went out to the bike this morning there was heaps of fluid on the ground but it was on the triangle stand so it was on a lean should it still do that

I think part of the reason you are getting so much oil out of the breather is because its generally looped up and over the lower radiator hose before going down to the skid plate. You need that hose to go vertical so that gravity lets the oil back down in the case instead of out the hose.

Like others have said, it's normal to get some oil out of it but not an excess of it.

• Like 1

how much does a new motor nready to go from the factgory cost and how much doesnitncost for a complete rebuild crank up for 09 kx450f

19 hours ago, Kirk Mccurry said:

how much does a new motor nready to go from the factgory cost and how much doesnitncost for a complete rebuild crank up for 09 kx450f

If you want to do a "total" rebuild, there are rebuild kits with everything you need from small gaskets gaskets to complete crank. But it's not OEM, but it's works and it's affordable. 

A smart one is called:: Wrench Rabbit,  you find it easyest on ebay then you just narrow down what kit you need for you

Just stay away from the ones with Wiseco crank. There are ones with Hot Rods crank much more reliable 

Edited by skorpan777
  • Like 1