Basic tool set?

Just recently bought myself a DR-Z and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for some basic tools I should have to do basic and simple work on it. As in changing the oil, taking off my street set of tires and putting on some off road and maybe any other suggestions for other things that are basic and should be able to be done at home.

The very basic is a full mechanics tool set. You'll need sockets up to around 32 or 36mm. Allen wrenches up to at least 10mm. A 3/8 drive in-lbs torque wrench of decent quality for the delicate bolts such as engine oil plug, fork pinch bolts, ect. 1/2 drive torque wrench would be handy too for torquing the rear wheel and counter shaft bolt. Feeler gauges, dial indicator with extended tips, magnetic base, and vernier calipers would be the very basic, bare bones inspection tools to monitor the condition of most of the normal wear items.

• Like 2

buy tools as you need them .. works out best .. to start with i'd get a basic 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" drive metric socket set with 1/2" breaker bar and a set of metric combo wrenches, you also need a jack or stand for the bike ...

There is a stockton tool kit available at cyclegear. I wouldn't buy it, but look what it contains, and then get that stuff on your own. I actually have way more than that in tools if need be. But all the stuff included in it, is a good place to start. I plan to put together a spare tool kit for the bike itself