What is DID's best non oring chain

As the title states, what is their best chain that is non o or x ring. I'm doing new aluminum rear and front steel sprockets and chain. I honestly do not mind longevity due to the fact that every winter the bike gets new chain and sprockets anyway. And please don't preach about steel sprockets. Thanks.

I always ran DID ert2 non oring when racing full time. But got my first DID oring chain last year and it's still on 450 with aluminum sprockets.  Can spin wheel freely no drag really. That's all I'll buy now they last much longer.  Don't ride like I use to either tho lol 

Edited by Motox367

Crazy nahhhh. I'm looking for real world not a website. I want feedback from guys that have used said chains. Not oh here is the website look for yourself. Thanks anyway. I have already looked at that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hondaracer1318 said:

Crazy nahhhh. I'm looking for real world not a website. I want feedback from guys that have used said chains. Not oh here is the website look for yourself. Thanks anyway. I have already looked at that.

I think you know my rep. I use said chain I posted. Great price and good up to a 450cc 4 stroke. Have used them fer years. 

15 hours ago, Hondaracer1318 said:

As the title states, what is their best chain that is non o or x ring. I'm doing new aluminum rear and front steel sprockets and chain. I honestly do not mind longevity due to the fact that every winter the bike gets new chain and sprockets anyway. And please don't preach about steel sprockets. Thanks.

ok, REAL WORLDER, your name is Honda racer, you have a picture on a snowmobile and you are in the Yamaha specific forum asking a general question about chains. It might help if you mention which motorcycle the chain would be on and for what purpose.

REAL WORLD

REAL TALK

KEEPING IT REAL

How in the world are you other guys telling him which chain to get when you don't know which bike, terrain or skill level the guy is?? LOL

• Like 2

ok, REAL WORLDER, your name is Honda racer, you have a picture on a snowmobile and you are in the Yamaha specific forum asking a general question about chains. It might help if you mention which motorcycle the chain would be on and for what purpose.

REAL WORLD

REAL TALK

KEEPING IT REAL

How in the world are you other guys telling him which chain to get when you don't know which bike, terrain or skill level the guy is?? LOL

If you are so inclined to know. It's a 2017 250x. Racing harescrambles. Class A250. Now once I say the type of bike and racing everyone is going to say "oring or xring or tring". I'm preforming a little trial and error. I am looking for the lightest but yet still strong at the same time of a setup. Not only that I'm trying to do this trial and error based on weight savings as well. I change sprockets and chain every winter and maybe ride once a week if my newborn permits it (figured you needed to know my time schedule too). So why am I going to spend $$ on xring chains and sprockets when they get changed anyway. I would like to run renthal rear stock front and DID for a chain. Is that okay with u, or do you need my life's history of riding too?

Hell I'll give u my number and we can become besties wink wink. I love long walks on the beach I like when you whisper sweet nothings into my ear. I live in the northeast. Maybe we could hook up and shred some dirt sometime. On second thought forget it I'm too busy. Sorry.

I run regular (no ring) chains on my 125, and have for years.  The best value I have found is the RK520H chain that comes in a yellow box.  The price varies a lot, but I have seen it as cheap as $24 for 120 links.  

If you are only considering DID chains and want their best, look on the company website for the information, then search vendors for the best price. 

Edited by rpt50

If you're only riding once a week then any top quality chain should last a season for ya. Like I said I ran the ERT2, had good luck with sunstar aluminum rear sprocket.  That was mx and A class . I have 20 years of racing behind me :ride: you'd not notice the weight of a oring DID and bet you'd get 2 years out of it. :thumbsup: I was anti oring guy thought it would rob power and  was for woods riders lol I'm very impressed with it now going to get another when time comes. All the top chains are good it's how you take care of them :rolleyes: goodluck 

• Like 1

If you're only riding once a week then any top quality chain should last a season for ya. Like I said I ran the ERT2, had good luck with sunstar aluminum rear sprocket.  That was mx and A class . I have 20 years of racing behind me :ride: you'd not notice the weight of a oring DID and bet you'd get 2 years out of it. :thumbsup: I was anti oring guy thought it would rob power and  was for woods riders lol I'm very impressed with it now going to get another when time comes. All the top chains are good it's how you take care of them :rolleyes: goodluck 

Alright thanks.
  • Like 2

All the top chains are good it's how you take care of them :rolleyes: goodluck 

What routine do you use to take care of your chain?

1 minute ago, Kinger317 said:

When washing I spay with dawn dish soap then pressure wash, lube with Belray chain lube and not that white crap lol actually been useing napa chain lube recently cleans off nice . I lube my chains every time I come in from track while it's warm. Do that even with this oring chain have now probably overkill but just habit . I don't ride no where near as much as i use to tho :cool:

• Like 2

Since I'm switching from a O ring chain to a non-O ring chain which I have not ran in umpteen years what is the proper cleaning method for those? Do I have to completely disassemble the chain and also can I run it through air filter cleaner fluid? If the fluid is safe for air filters should be safe for non-O-ring chain's correct? And do I have to use a new master link clip every single time I clean the chain because I am disassembling it? Thank you
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, KDXGarage said:

REAL WORLD

REAL TALK

KEEPING IT REAL

I know, because I have helped him before. Real world, pretty good memory for an old bastard. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

When washing I spay with dawn dish soap then pressure wash, lube with Belray chain lube and not that white crap lol actually been useing napa chain lube recently cleans off nice . I lube my chains every time I come in from track while it's warm. Do that even with this oring chain have now probably overkill but just habit . I don't ride no where near as much as i use to tho :cool:

just took this pic of DID oring chain sunstar sprocket on my 450.put them on spring of 16. Wore out 2 sets of grips since.  Take care of them they last. You don't need new clip every time just keep eye on it cause chain guide will wear threw it

20170628_112106.jpg

• Like 1