Where to find Torque Guides?

This is a question in general (not about a specific bike - I guess).

I bought a USB front end to put on my XR250 (just the front end), so I don't have, didn't get, the cycles owner's manual.

I've seen web sites with microfiche parts lists . . . but, they only have the diagram and parts numbers.

Where can I go to find Torque recommendations for bolts/nuts/etc.?

HB

I find it funny that Honda, from Japan, has thousands of dealerships all over America. Where the from the builders mouth correct information is given. FOR $30!!!! Meanwhile, youll see thousands of posts saying why is this wrong? I know the internet is free. But $30 for a PILE of forever useful CORRECT information. 

USB are we talking an electrical hookup? 

Just playin

But you should probably find the torque specs of the bike the front end came off of. 

If HB is Huntington Beach, let me know and Ill get you a discount on everything Honda oem, nonetheless anything aftermarket. Including a service manual. 

This is a question in general (not about a specific bike - I guess).

I bought a USB front end to put on my XR250 (just the front end), so I don't have, didn't get, the cycles owner's manual.

I've seen web sites with microfiche parts lists . . . but, they only have the diagram and parts numbers.

Where can I go to find Torque recommendations for bolts/nuts/etc.?

HB

Generally speaking, bolts should be only be "torqued" to 70 % of their yield strength. There are special circumstances such as joint design and material.

To calculate the correct torque value in ft-lbs the formula is diameter x friction coefficient x clamp load ÷ 12

Example for a 6mm grade 10.9 bolt,

.236 x .14 x 2973 ÷ 12 = 8.18 ft-lbs.

• Like 2

Sorry all, I wasn't trying to jip any Honda dealer out of $30.

I just thought TT was a resource.

Please forgive my questioning . . .

I'll fall into line now.

HB

Not saying youre jipping Honda. Youre jipping yourself. Youre the OWNER. Get an owners manual. Thorough, trustworthy source of information in your hands. Everyone knows how to use a table of contents/index better than the internet. Hondas been making manuals since the beginning. 

Everything has directions. Everything. Id rather follow the directions of those who invented and created the machine in question. 

And specs are vaguely similar, but youre looking for the specs specific to the bike which your front end is off of. 

Owning the manual isnt always about diagnosis and repair. Its about proper maintenance and prevention. 

Oil all your bolts

• Like 2