Dirt Biking The Rubicon.

On 7/3/2017 at 6:25 PM, bigbob said:

My Husaberg eats rocks for breakfast

I just have to say that this ride would separate the men from the a eh hem.... boy's....The consensus seems to be the issue of the weather. !#$%^&*@  it's hot right now I know.

September/October sounds great to me! Two months to plan the ultimate Man's ride should be doable for anyone with a throttle and the two wheels to enjoy some rock hopping!

Bob, were not getting any younger and you said it yourself "My Husaberg eats rocks for breakfast".....!

Talk is cheap my friend......Don't be that guy?...Ride it for the experience, love it for what it is and an hour in an hour back your done!....- Bucket List Check!

Then we can all say "You da Man again!"  Your not getting out of this one so easy.

Your future apologies are accepted and I look forward to your next correspondence pertaining to the date of the expected ride.

Did anyone hear the Mic drop....?

I just have to say that this ride would separate the men from the a eh hem.... boy's....The consensus seems to be the issue of the weather. !#$%^&*@  it's hot right now I know.
September/October sounds great to me! Two months to plan the ultimate Man's ride should be doable for anyone with a throttle and the two wheels to enjoy some rock hopping!
Bob, were not getting any younger and you said it yourself "My Husaberg eats rocks for breakfast".....!
Talk is cheap my friend......Don't be that guy?...Ride it for the experience, love it for what it is and an hour in an hour back your done!....- Bucket List Check!
Then we can all say "You da Man again!"  Your not getting out of this one so easy.
Your future apologies are accepted and I look forward to your next correspondence pertaining to the date of the expected ride.
Did anyone hear the Mic drop....?

post made 8 hours ago , hmmm about 10 pm. How drunk were you? and what were you drinking? bring some with you for the ride back to the trucks

The Little Sluice does not look like that anymore.  Plus - there are way around it - no issues.  The real portion of the Rubicon is pretty short - 11 miles.  I am way open to doing it again, just to do it, but it is a short ride.  In cooler weather - it will be better.  Let the Jeep crowds drop off some.  My wife driving HER jeep through the Little Sluice.  That jeep is not to bad for a 1952, though with some modifications......

The 650L coming down the Little Sluice and other area photos.  

I am uploading a video of riding up the Big Sluice.  A couple of good wrecks in there for fun.  I will post as soon as it is complete.

20140621_131258.jpg

100_0032.JPG

20131027_133739.jpg

20131027_133736.jpg

100_0022.JPG

20131027_132322.jpg

• Like 2

Nice jeep n wife photo ED.   Labor day is 9/4.  ok let's target Saturday September 9 or 16.   Dial it in as we get there

We Ride up Thar in them thar hills and rocks n trees.  Looking forward to it.  After this ride, Then new tires for fall

RIMG0911.JPG

Here is the video I promised.  It has rough language, heavy breathing and wrecks.  I made a mistake about running street tires at 25 psi through there.  Will be much easier at lower pressures.  Plus - I am a p*ssy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbob said:

WTF?  Eldoroado650 is falling over.... :jawdrop:     I am doomed .  are you sure you guys want me up there?   Better bring some of that weld stuff in case we break a case open

I fall over a lot and I am not a god dirt bike rider.  Just a fat old guy on a fat old bike.  

You guy's are a riot, this will be a blast!

I got a report from my buddy in Folsom and he said it was still slushy in spots with snow at the pass? His bike only gets out of the shed 2 times a year, so I know he has not seen it yet.

Give it 8 weeks and we will miss most of the Jeep clogs and Yes it will be cooler.

Bob my friend, I'll help you pick the best line. It will be just like riding on a California Freeway to you! Heck I'll even carry your bike over any rough stuff if we find any.

At 2 months out check your calendars, we should be able to find a day that works for all?

P.s. Lite beer, but sometimes...just sometimes I have just a FEW to many!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...