KLX 650 Oversize Fuel Tank?

Acerbis only made them for a little while and about 8-10 years ago made some for a group buy set-up through a bunch of guys from the Yakoo KLX forum and then that's it , mold is gone . The red tanks will be very far between any for sale . The one on ADV rider was a green one for the R model , doesn't fit real good on the C model , plus will look like crap and need to be painted which will look even worse. If I'd be doing long trips on one of my KLX's (doubtfull due to no parts available if it breaks down) ,I'd use Rotopax and/or make a tank to mount somewhere and add a small pump to pump fuel into main tank.

Edited by jjktmrider

• 1 month later...

I have one if anyone is interested. You can post here or pm me. I know they are hard to find. Don't ask me how I know... ???

for those who don't know what these are made from, it's a substance scientifically defined as "unobtainium" ?

ride safe guys!

pics and video by Rev Zilla rep below for those who dont know ACERBIS tanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151524089@N02/sets/72157684835218924/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNaULt4jLDw

Edited by Adv Biker

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, james1300 said:

Yes you do. I'm looking for a complete tank. Fuel taps and fuel cap.

you sound pretty picky for someone who described these tanks as "They are scarce as unicorns" !!! I was just happy to find one....

anyway, you obviously never imported a tank like this so you probably don't know. for import purposes, cap and fuel tap had to be removed to comply with certain import/shipping regulations.

the gas cap and fuel tap are available as well, this tank only uses one fuel tap unlike other models for DR650 and XR650 that use two. Once we agree about price everything will be included.

if interested in further discussion provide phone number - you can send it privately. thanks!

Edited by Adv Biker

• 6 months later...

Black KLX650 Acerbis Long Range Rally Large capacity tank to cover long distance 

this tank is rare, in black color is even more rare. Shoot me your best offer. Best offer gets it.

Link with pictures to the classifieds section of ThumperTalk below. Otherwise check the ad in thumpertalk ads section.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: this tank is no longer available

On 6/16/2018 at 8:02 PM, Adv Biker said:

This one is available folks. You can see it in the ThumperTalk classifieds area here 

84EFB73B-74EB-4D89-A920-8DE0FE736272.jpeg

4782A2B0-D4FE-45A5-99C2-87A3CCFA5180.jpeg

5B983362-48E3-41D4-A3EA-DBDC06516DFE.jpeg

UPDATE: this tank is no longer available

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, acidjzaz said:

Hello 

Randomly saw this.

I have a 1995 klx650c . Checking to see if you still have this larger tank 

Thanks 

Yes, but it will be pricy just so you know, depending on where you are, with shipping etc you are looking at about $5oo

• 2 months later...

So for an aftermarket tank: the C tanks won't fit an R bike and vice versa?   According to the IMS site, the '93-'95 R model is different than the '96 R?  ... or is that an error and the entire run of Rs is the same as far as fitting a tank?

Thanks,

Todd