1992 CR250 with all original racing parts.

So, I took a trip into the local Honda store recently, had my 1992 CR250 in the back of the truck.. Next thing you knew, there was 3 employees out there looking at the bike. A guy recently had restored the same bike, and was in aw that this bike was in better condition. He told me that to a collector, with the parts on it and hte condition, that it's worth a min of $7500.00. I still don't really believe it, but if that's true.. I will be selling it to get a CR500, since I am a bigger guy... I'll miss her, but a collector would take the best care of her. I've kept this bike in mint condition since I bought it in 1996 for $2400.00. The guy who raced it had just rebuilt the engine, and babied this bike, even above all his newer CR's. Apparently there is about $4k worth of work done to the engine, polishing the insides etc. (dunno, I am not a mechanic). He said that he did a Dyno test on it, showing it to push a little over 50HP (can't remember if he said 55, but I know it's in that area). I haven't changed anything on it, other than the pipe. Went with pro circuit since that's what the suspension / silencer is.

Anyways, that's my longer story short... here are a couple pictures for you guys.

Any comments and feedback are more than welcome!

download.png

download (1).png

• Like 3

It's most definitely sweet bike. But I doubt you'd ever get that much. Nevery know tho to the rite person.  Hmmmm I got a 96 :ride: it's sweet maybe 2500 at most I'd say it's worth.

Bet you could find a guy that would trade you straight up for a 500 tho maybe 

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

Yeah, I kind of felt like that was a little extreme. I suppose I should of asked him how much he would give me when he said he'd buy it haha. I would of just been like, well you said.... soo..... lets do it! It'd be hard to get rid of though. I've rode so many other CR250's... all newer, none of them have the power this one does.. and it sounds so much more clean. My friend got a CRF450r... and I can't stand the power... Never been a 4 stroke fan. I like to ride the pipe. That sounded bad.. but you know what I mean :)

Lol yes for that much id sell any bike.  Yes that's great engine for sure. 

Used to have a 94 with the same fluoro plastics - in mint - one of my all time fave machines   :thumbsup:

• Like 1