1986 TT350 Brake Light

Hello all, I'm the proud new owner of a very clean 1986 Yamaha TT350S. I've been going through the bike making sure everything is working. I cleaned the two carbs and made sure there was enough oil. It rides great and I'm excited to get it on the road soon!

I have been having some issues with the lighting. The headlight bulb was blown out so I found another one on eBay. The taillight doesn't work and I've spent a stupid amount of time trying to figure out how to get it to work (seems simple but I can't get it to work!!). I replaced the bulb with a new 1157 12v bulb that I got at Oreillys. The bulb fits the assembly but doesn't work. I measured a couple volts off the blue and yellow wires that lead to the light. The ground seems good. Not sure how to check the switch next to the rear brake but it looked good inside to me. I'm at my wits end here with this, what should be, simple fix. Any tips or help would be much appreciated! 

Weird thing happened today. I replaced the front headlight bulb and after one or two rides it burned out. Any ideas what could be causing my lighting problems or where I should look to fix them??