Looking for a part

So, I have searched far and wide for a number plate bracket for my 1982 XR200 (not the XR200R). Anyone have any ideas of where I can find one? I have tried eBay and salvage yards. It appears that the XR200R was far more popular for this year. I have included a diagram from bike bandit, it's part number 7. Or does anyone have suggestions for an alternative? Thanks for the help.Screenshot_20170628-132145.png

Thats going to be a rare piece to find - so unless youre doing a full restoration concourse i would just fabricate something similar

i dont know how savy you are but id make one.....go to home depot and buy some aluminum band and bend it up in a vise and around a pipe for the curves and drill out the holes you need and you are good to go.....good luck.....thats a good idea.....cuz im needing a plate holder for my xr200r

Edited by joethumper
  • Like 1

i dont know how savy you are but id make one.....go to home depot and buy some aluminum band and bend it up in a vise and around a pipe for the curves and drill out the holes you need and you are good to go.....good luck.....thats a good idea.....cuz im needing a plate holder for my xr200r

I found a plate bracket for an XR200R at EMC cycle in Michigan. I know they have an eBay store too. Unfortunately for me, the XR200R and XR200 brackets are very different.

3 hours ago, ExhaustScum said:

I found a plate bracket for an XR200R at EMC cycle in Michigan. I know they have an eBay store too. Unfortunately for me, the XR200R and XR200 brackets are very different.

ok im glad you got it......i have xr350 forks on my xr200r.......ill just fab a bracket to the forks.....good luck with your build

• Like 1