Kx100 cdi box placement?

Hi i have a 1997 kx100 that i bought as a project bike and when i bought it, it was all in pieces. Ive put it all together but i cant figure out how the cdi box mounts to the frame. If someone could help me out that would be awesome, thank you

20170628_143926.jpg

8 minutes ago, 351mustanger said:

Look at an online parts diagram for your bike. If your putting a basket case together, a manual will tell you everything you need to know.

Ive looked both at parts diagrams and the manual and theres nothing on how its mounted

4 hours ago, CodeyMurray said:

Hi i have a 1997 kx100 that i bought as a project bike and when i bought it, it was all in pieces. Ive put it all together but i cant figure out how the cdi box mounts to the frame. If someone could help me out that would be awesome, thank you

20170628_143926.jpg

Does that model have 1 or 2 radiator shrouds?

16 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

Oh wow that makes sense now, I didnt have the older manual, im using the strictly kx100 manual from like 1990 to whenever and couldn't find anything. This is awesome tho thank you so much, helping me out a lot here. This bike has been sitting in my dads garage for just about a year and now its finally about to be done (hopefully anyway)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CodeyMurray said:

Oh wow that makes sense now, I didnt have the older manual, im using the strictly kx100 manual from like 1990 to whenever and couldn't find anything. This is awesome tho thank you so much, helping me out a lot here. This bike has been sitting in my dads garage for just about a year and now its finally about to be done (hopefully anyway)

Love seeing bikes get put back together, rather than left to die, or sold for parts.  Good luck, let us know when you have it back together, pics are nice.

• 2 weeks later...