16 450 mis shifting and jumping into gear randomly help

so, got about 35 hours on my 16 450SXF and really love it, what i've come to NOT LOVE about the bike is it will randomly mishift, going from 3ed to 4th it will hit a weird neutral? and if i'm sitting on the bike and in Neutral and start it up it will randomly put in self in year, i don't know if it's first gear or 4th but i have no clue why it's doing this. Oil changed every 3 to 5 hours and it always looks great. no idea why it's doing this but it's a real piss off. TPS voltage is a little high and i will need to lower it but i can't see that effecting the way the clutch and gear box works. it's been misshifting more so than randomly going into gear that's now just started. clutch is bled with zero air in it so that can't be it. 

what's going on with my bike? 

Is the shifter bent or has it been bent? Did it start after a crash or maybe after an oil change? What oil have you been running- just curious. Sounds like the shifter is binding on the case.

11 minutes ago, pomoco said:

Is the shifter bent or has it been bent? Did it start after a crash or maybe after an oil change? What oil have you been running- just curious. Sounds like the shifter is binding on the case.

i will admit it is a long shiftier and sometimes i'll only half click it and it will jump into gear and then out? but the random in gear jump puzzles me....

i used Royal purple 10w40 for a little while and then switched to Castrol 4t 10w50 fully synth. Been using it for a good part of the hours on the bike. really like it. 

you think it's the shiftier? 

You need to get that gearbox looked at , it's dangerous and should not do either of those things

• Like 2

Dang it sucks your having this issue so early on with only 35 hours. Hopefully it's only the shifter being bent but as Mog said it could be internal and could be very dangerous on a ride or cause more damage. I would definitely get it checked out if it's not working the way it's supposed to.

• Like 1

Agree with the safety aspect - nothing worse than hitting a false neutral while leaving the face of a big jump.

• Like 1