Yz450/426 differences

So I just recently picked up a bike that I've been having some issues identifying. It was sold to me as a 450f and I'm thinking it might be a 426f as it sounds alot like one. Does anybody gave an information on how to tell the difference? 

I did not find any numbers showing the size of the cylinder, I only found what looked to be a serial number stamped on the side of the cylinder

Check the VIN, it would be the easiest thing to determine year and model.

Assuming the bike is stock, the 426 and 450 are visually different bikes as well.  Compare the 2002 YZ426F and 2003 YZ450F.  The 426 also has a manual decompression lever, assuming it was not converted to auto decompression which was a very popular mod.

I know it's a 2004. It has the 426 muffler but has an auto decompression and doesn't say anywhere on the motor what it is.

Does anyone know where i could find the vin on this bike ? 

I have an 03 yz450f. It also has no cc markings on it either. The VIN is on the steering stem. If your sitting on the bike the vin is offset towards the right side of the stem/neck. You will have to turn the bars to the left to be able to see it or the number plate will be in the way