Which one?

I'm 175 pounds and 6 feet tall should I get a 125sx or a 150sx. Also what year is best for these models. Would you recommend any other bike?

Race or play?
Track only?
Skill level?
Mechanical ability?
Lots of other questions to ask before throwing down the hard earned cash.

I ride track mostly right now. I am getting a lot better but I just want a 2 stroke of some sort.

• Like 1

I'd vote for the 150.
Two strokes are a lot of fun and easy to maintain.
Spend your time and money getting the suspension set up for you and your type of riding.

• Like 1

Get which ever one you can get the best deal on. Don't forget about the TC125 either! 

If you get a 125 and end up wanting a little more you can swap the cylinder and piston out for 150 but I'd think you'll be plenty happy with the 125, thats what my pick would be. 

You don't want to go bigger? I'm 6' 1" 165 and ride a 250. I don't ride track though

Edited by Builderdude

15 hours ago, Southernend said:

I'm 185 and love my 250. Can't imagine a smaller engine than that! 

Guess your just not a deep thinker.:jawdrop::(

3 minutes ago, Southernend said:

Ooookkkkk? 

Just messin with ya, Different strokes for diff folks. 

Yea I know I actually had a KDX 200 up to couple years ago and it had plenty of balls for trail riding lol 

2 hours ago, Southernend said:

Yea I know I actually had a KDX 200 up to couple years ago and it had plenty of balls for trail riding lol 

Same here, loved that KDX 200. Only thing I did was throw on an FMF Gnarly and sparky, great woods bike. Now I guess I'm going orange 

Edited by Builderdude

Yea I raced IT 175/200s 1989-199s actually had my last IT up till the early 2Ks.

I bought a new 86 IT200 when I graduated high school. Raced it several times. Loved that thing. 

I bought a new 86 IT200 when I graduated high school. Raced it several times. Loved that thing. 

Haa a, me too but. Got the 175 first then got a 200 in 82.

1 hour ago, Southernend said:

Now it's all about orange anymore lol 

I wouldn't say that though KTM has really stepped up on the contingency side of racing and puts more back into the racing side (mainly why i raced them from 2K - 2008). I don't know about the non racers, i actually don't think personally KTMs are the best choice for non racers and I believe this is where a lot of the negativity comes from, i don't know though I never was a trail rider or recreational rider. I had at least 10 KTMs, never had one i couldn't get set to my liking (all PDS too).