Moving ignition drz400sm

I just purchased some new bars and mounting brackets for my bike and I know I need to move the ignition. Anyone have pics/tips of doing the same

Most people seem to put it here. I did, and I like it.

You will need to take off the rubber boot, and remove the switch from the bracket, the reinstall with the bracket flipped to get the mounting holes on the left to put it here. And cut off some of the bracket.

dsc_0013.jpg

• Like 1

I just made a whole new ignition bracket from aluminum plate and painted it to match the original and used the same location as the original when I updated to the fatbars and the one piece top clamp.

I went to the 14-16 KTM headlight mask, leaving the speedo and key sticking up over the mask about an inch. So I lowered and centered the speedo, then flipped and cut the ignition mount. Mounted it on the right next to the speedo using a bolt on the bottom of the speedo mount. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

I just used the stocker and drilled a hole, reshaped the outside, trimmed the number plate, and it looks like it has always been that way.  I have cleaned up that edge so it is smooth and looks nice.

IMG_1387.JPG

Edited by TLRDoug

I just mounted mine beside the speedo/tacho into the existing headlight mask mount. No need to modify anything.

31ETPAn.jpg