PA RIDING TRAILS

I don't know of any publically available places to ride that are free in central or eastern PA. Obviously private land is free if the owner lets you ride there. Some private land is well known, but the owner doesn't want it widely advertised. What is your definition of cheap? I think RAC at $125 a year is cheap for the amount of riding that you can do there. AOAA has daily rates that are reasonable as well. AOAA's yearly pass is not expensive IMHO.  Lots of MX tracks have daily rates.

• Like 1

I don't know of any publically available places to ride that are free in central or eastern PA. Obviously private land is free if the owner lets you ride there. Some private land is well known, but the owner doesn't want it widely advertised. What is your definition of cheap? I think RAC at $125 a year is cheap for the amount of riding that you can do there. AOAA has daily rates that are reasonable as well. AOAA's yearly pass is not expensive IMHO.  Lots of MX tracks have daily rates.

yes I like aoaa I have recently gone there and really like it

6 minutes ago, OGxZephyr said:

I like aoaa I have recently gone there and really like it

Folks who like AOAA tend to love RAC, if you live close enough to use it often enough. RAC is two hours for me, but I ride there at least once a week, often more. The big difference is that AOAA is organized, has marked trails, maps, nice parking lots, restrooms, etc. RAC is raw. You get your permit and then ride. No markings, no maps, no nothing. But IMHO, there is more variety in trails at RAC and there is a lot more land to ride.  See the RAC "meet-up" and "info" threads here.

• Like 1

Folks who like AOAA tend to love RAC, if you live close enough to use it often enough. RAC is two hours for me, but I ride there at least once a week, often more. The big difference is that AOAA is organized, has marked trails, maps, nice parking lots, restrooms, etc. RAC is raw. You get your permit and then ride. No markings, no maps, no nothing. But IMHO, there is more variety in trails at RAC and there is a lot more land to ride.  See the RAC "meet-up" and "info" threads here.

Thank you I will definatley check out RAC

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, pat22043 said:

Greetings from another slow riding old timer from Philly area, Lower Bucks county.  AOAA and RAC look like good places, maybe 2 1/2 hour drive.  For me though, after the drive up and riding, I think I'd fall asleep driving home.  Do some of you who have a long ride stay over somewhere? 

Joe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joef44 said:

For me though, after the drive up and riding, I think I'd fall asleep driving home.  Do some of you who have a long ride stay over somewhere? 

I just do day trips. I love when we can carpool, having a second driver makes it a lot more fun. I've been up 3 times in the past week, so the miles add up. I'll PM you some contact info.

Pat

• Like 1

Shade mountain is free. It's about 45 minutes NW from Harrisburg. But I'll tell you one thing, it's rocky as hell! I mean big time. It's only like 15-17 miles but it feels like 100 because it's so rocky. 

• Like 2

Shade mountain is free. It's about 45 minutes NW from Harrisburg. But I'll tell you one thing, it's rocky as hell! I mean big time. It's only like 15-17 miles but it feels like 100 because it's so rocky. 

sounds like fun to me !! love a challenge

Well you've been warned lol 

Haha first time riding off my property I didn't look at the signs at AOAA and I was on a jeep trail and hit a huge rock trying to shift gears and bent my bars ???