Sign in to follow this  

2017 300 xcw temp

Does anyone know the normal operating temperature range of a 2017 300. Mine will hit 230 degrees+ in minutes of slow speed playing. I have a high pressure radiator cap with a gauge in it and I have also checked it with a laser temp gun to confirm it. If I richen up the carb settings the bike will stay about 200 degrees but that creates a bad off idle bog. 

26 minutes ago, mtnbound said:

Does anyone know the normal operating temperature range of a 2017 300. Mine will hit 230 degrees+ in minutes of slow speed playing. I have a high pressure radiator cap with a gauge in it and I have also checked it with a laser temp gun to confirm it. If I richen up the carb settings the bike will stay about 200 degrees but that creates a bad off idle bog. 

has it got a fan on it ?

Edited by kxrob

12 hours ago, mtnbound said:

If you richen the pilot jet, you have to retune the air screw. It is not a "set it and forget it" adjustment.

Use the "whack the throttle" method for tuning the air screw for best off idle response.

I've got the same bike as you and have the trail tech sensor with the Voyager on my other 2 bikes. I have the JD jet kit and will be putting on the V-Force reeds and fan kit on the 300 today. I'll take some readings and get back here. Nice looking bike!

I have the Trail Tech fan kit on my bike and have it set at 190. It does come on at times, but only occasionally. I don't know how hot it would get without it though so I can't help in that aspect, sorry.

I have a TrailTech on my 300. It comes on for maybe a minute after riding in tight (slow) single-track on hot (over 90° F). Most of the time, it stays off.

I put a jet kit in it and a fan and set the fan to come on at 190 and it will cycle on and off in the slow technical stuff. The Tusk radiator cap gauge seems to show temps about 25-30 degrees higher.