2010 Polaris outlaw 450 won't start

Hi guys! I come here in hopes of some help. I have a freshly rebuilt 2010 outlaw 450 that won't start. It has fuel and spark but it will not start no matter what I try. As you know it has the ktm rfs 450 motor. I am not familiar with these engines. It has a fresh battery and starter. I've cleaned the carb. The motor was rebuilt at a local atv shop. The reason was it spun a rod bearing and locked up. When I try to start it with the starter it just cranks and cranks. It shows no signs of life whatsoever. My research said to check the valve lash or timing. When I try to set the motor to tdc by putting it on a jack and in 5th gear and turning the motor over. The drive wheels will not turn at all. I've tried taking the spark plug out and that didn't help. The shop said the valves were adjusted when they rebuilt it. I'm not sure how else to check the timing/valve lash? It seems like it's pushing air out of the intake instead of sucking it in? I do have a service manual but can't seem to figure this one out? Any help is appreciated! I want to go rip up the trails and can't get this thing figured out! 

Well guys I figured it out. Well kinda! Since it was just rebuilt and because I didn't have a compression tester. I didn't bother checking it. Obviously a motor I just paid $1,300 to have rebuilt. I assumed it was good. Well I bought a tester and found out it has no compression! I'm not going to look any farther into what was done wrong. It's going back to the shop and they are gonna fix it. I called and they said if they made a mistake it would be taken care of. Obviously they screwed something up! Kinda pissed but shit happens. Hopefully they fix it and don't try to screw me into paying more money.