Sign in to follow this  

Need help deciding what size to buy

So I need some help deciding what size of bike I should buy. I'm new and want to start riding bikes with my buddies and am looking to get a bike. I've looked at 85 2s, 125 2s, and a 250 4s. I am 5"10 , 130lb, and 15 years of age. What bike would work the best for me? I want a bike with enough power for sand dunes but good enough for a beginner. What bike would work the best? Awnsers are much appreciated!

What do your parents do for a living and what do your friends ride? What riding experience do you have?
You're too big for an 85 so a 125 would be more logical. Still, that is a motocross bike intended for experienced riders and mechanics. For that reason a beginner bike such as a CRF230 or TTR might be better to get your feet wet.

Good for you. As the guy said above you and your parents income should be a contributing factor before you decide. Even with no experience a 125 would be a good starter bike so you can learn how to ride and mechanic on it yourself. however if you just want to casually gas it up and go and aren't really super into it I agree with the guy above with the TTR advice.