Tensioner failed. Intake cam and journals fixable?

Hey guys,

So my tensioner failed/chain skipped on my 06 yz450f and my intake cam journals and cam are now scratched and gouged to ****... I really do not want to spend $800+ on a new head assembly. Does anyone have any advice or ideas on where to continue with this? Local shop said they wouldnt know what to do other than replace the head, cams, caps, etc.... 

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

WRONG FORUM

You have to rebuild the entire head, and replace the cams. There is no shortcut for damaged parts.

....but those scratches have nothing to do with a skipped cam timing, that is oil starvation due to filty oil. You can see all the debris in the fluids.......

Both cams will have slipped on the gear and be off timing too, so they are no good.

The chain and tensioner are supposed to be replaced with every piston, or every 80 hours. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy a used head on eBay for like $250 

Anything can be fixed IMO.. but at some point it just isn't worth fixing.  My bet is that will end up in the not worth fixing category. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-06-Yamaha-Yz450f-Yz450-Yz-450-Cylinder-Head-Valves-Top-End-Piston-Engine-/263063281824?hash=item3d3fcb20a0:g:hgQAAOSw-K9ZM~ox

Edited by Schpenxel