Sign in to follow this  

2005 CRF 150 F - wont idle when warm

So I have had my 2005 Honda  CRF 150F for around 4 years. It always gave me a hard time when it came to idling, but now the bike will just stall from idling for 3 min. I have to constantly rev the engine just a bit to keep the bike running. It runs great but when you come to a complete stop and put it in neutral, it dies. I  preform regular maintenance on the bike but have not taken the whole bike apart myself.

I was wondering if it would have something to do with the fuel/air mix screws.... i dont really know which one is which, i might have turned them too much(yes im a bit confused).  I have attached a picture and if someone could tell me which one should be adjusted and how many turn out they should be. ( i have adjusted the bottom screw - near exhaust pipe and the middle screw..) 

Is there anything I could do to see if it will fix the problem before I would need to take it in to be serviced. 

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, MattMico said:

So I have had my 2005 Honda  CRF 150F for around 4 years. It always gave me a hard time when it came to idling, but now the bike will just stall from idling for 3 min. I have to constantly rev the engine just a bit to keep the bike running. It runs great but when you come to a complete stop and put it in neutral, it dies. I  preform regular maintenance on the bike but have not taken the whole bike apart myself.

I was wondering if it would have something to do with the fuel/air mix screws.... i dont really know which one is which, i might have turned them too much(yes im a bit confused).  I have attached a picture and if someone could tell me which one should be adjusted and how many turn out they should be. ( i have adjusted the bottom screw - near exhaust pipe and the middle screw..) 

Is there anything I could do to see if it will fix the problem before I would need to take it in to be serviced. 

You might get better results by posting on the CRF150F forum. Our CRF150Rs & RBs are very different animals.