05 Crf450r rt gold valve valvin

So got both fork and shock kit.  Entered in all info and only fork code worked. Wtf right lol. But then to boot the printouts got burnt for fork stack recommendations.  Now what? Anyone have a good valving recommendation for starting point?  195 c amateur mx rider.  Any help would greatly appreciated

Yep the allowed access time for the DVS is really short, 

better have done your homework (think of all the variables you'd like to add)

ahead of time, filled up the printer's paper tray and ink cartridge etc. before logging on.

I managed to print up many 'variables' when logging on for my YZ125 a few years ago,

as in: soft, normal or stiff suspension preferences, different rider weights etc.

Don't guess, contact Race Tech for additional infos and correct starting point.

Just to give you an idea, it took 7 revalves to get my YZ's forks exactly the way I wanted them,

going to stiffer settings on some circuits, softer on others (midvalve) versus the original suggested stacks.

Happy testing !

Also, if your shock has never been dis-assembled or re-valved, 

be extremely careful when filing the peening on the shaft's nut.

I found out the hard way ($$) that Showa aren't as straightforward as KYB's....

Edited by mlatour

print to  XPS or PDF format in case you lose the print out....

I haven't visited RT to use my DVS code yet.  Do we have to actually print the info or can we save it on the computer and print later at our leisure?

Call or email tech support for RT. They are in the switch over stage from the old DVS to the new DVS and I have herd of it causing some bugs. They will get u straighten out but I don't believe they will be open until after the 4th.

• Like 1