2007 wr250f

Hi guys im having trouble with my wr and need some advice. I bought it nearly a year ago totally stock. It had very bad low end bog so i decided to rebuild the carb. I bought a rebuild kit with all jets o ring seals etc. I used the old needle as the new one had one position for the clip only thought this was strange. The bike started easily after everything was put back together however there was a slight stutter at constant throttle. I moved the clip on the needle down one position to richen it and this seemed to almost fix this problem. However the bike is now hard to start cold. Starts instantly when hot. It doesnt backfire or pop on decel and the bog is gone very snappy like my yzf. I was riding the other day and rode into a deep mucky hole. I was riding through it lots of throttle and clutch work when suddenly it splutterd and died. I couldnt start it until i turned off the fuel killed the spark opened the throttle fully and kicked it several times started easily off the button then and cut out did the same thing again and it started i rode it for a few mins and seemed fine again. It appeared to have gotten flooded. Also to get the highest idle my fuel screw has to be fully in. Float height throttle position sensor etc set as per manual. Ap squirting properly and missing slide. Think it may have something to do with the pilot jet maybe. Some of the new jets were different sizes to the old ones but not hugely different. Just looking for a direction to go thanks guys.

You should of used the same size jets that were in it previously, I trust the new jets were OEM and not some aftermarket ones.

Hard cold starting, check valve clearances

Bog, check the AP diaphragm and confirm the squirt is strong.

Try a nmew needle jet emulsion tube, they wear out.