Testing the Xr250R shock

Today replaced loner 85 Xr350R shock. With fresh revalved,rebuilt   1990 Xr250R shock. The 90 shock has a stiffer spring then the 86/87 Xr  so Im using the 87 spring. Bouncing the bike in garage it seems like rebound slight bit too slow on full soft.  This could easily be the new seals and all new relating parts. The real test is just riding in town.As all streets here dirt and much worst then baja 1000. Smooth as glass working perfect. Next real test over the woops to see if rebound too slow. Please note the two shocks I have completely revalved. As soon as I get the other 90 shock on Customer bike. It will use the 90 spring so we will test back to back.

• Like 4

Really like this shock option...!

Compression and rebound adjustable ..and nitrogen bladder instead of oil/nitrogen mix...

Do you do the re-valve / rebuild yourself??

If not, who do you use for the service??

6 minutes ago, mixxer said:

Really like this shock option...!

Compression and rebound adjustable ..and nitrogen bladder instead of oil/nitrogen mix...

Do you do the re-valve / rebuild yourself??

If not, who do you use for the service??

Negative Mixxer on me doing rebuild or revalve on the early Xr250r shock.  I can put you in touch with my Susp. Guy in Burbank ,CA .  Remember the only negatives on this Shock. Chrome shaft free of pits/dings  /  and Shock body not worn out inside. Best to find clean descent shock then a junker. The guy I use has the right valving code. My spec is this smooth as glass and good bottom out Resistance. For Old senor riders

1 minute ago, bajatrailrider said:

Negative Mixxer on me doing rebuild or revalve on the early Xr250r shock.  I can put you in touch with my Susp. Guy in Burbank ,CA .  Remember the only negatives on this Shock. Chrome shaft free of pits/dings  /  and Shock body not worn out inside. Best to find clean descent shock then a junker. The guy I use has the right valving code. My spec is this smooth as glass and good bottom out Resistance. For Old senor riders

Perfect..!

More info the 87 Xr250 shock has a  9.1kg spring. The 90 shock has 9.3 spring. Very little difference, I have both springs to test on the 1990 shocks.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 0:09 PM, bajatrailrider said:

Do you know what shims are in the stack?

Sorry my other post above>   I did not revalve or rebuild the Xr250r shocks. He did change most of the valve stack,also some hole drilling. If you need him redo a shock for you Pm me.