Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ordering Fox shocks today from Factory. FOX NO LONGER MAKING MOTO SHOCKS.  Real nice:  so they advised me to review parts list on rebuild parts. So after I work that out I highly recommend. Anyone with Fox shock add to my order soon as I get more info. If any stocking dealers have one left you may want to jump on it. Still I would wait few days to make sure I can order all rebuild parts.    Sad day indeed.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

Major bummer...  Perhaps I should get parts to rebuild my older version.  Any recommendations?

   Ok Vortec I will ask most important part I will order seal head assy. I will ask if fits your shock. If anybody else wants a spare speak up. The part number is 812-03-038   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bajatrailrider said:

   Ok Vortec I will ask most important part I will order seal head assy. I will ask if fits your shock. If anybody else wants a spare speak up. The part number is 812-03-038   

Thank you Larry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vortec could you get me part number on Gen 1 fox shock. (the whole shock)    Of course Fox Emailed me now seal head out of stock. So im asking can they still get them or never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bajatrailrider said:

Vortec could you get me part number on Gen 1 fox shock. (the whole shock)    Of course Fox Emailed me now seal head out of stock. So im asking can they still get them or never.

Looking now for P/N...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny Fox asking for old part number:cripple:    Ok Fox said I have few more days to add to Order.  Again please Fox shock owners now the is time to Order.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bajatrailrider said:

Vortec could you get me part number on Gen 1 fox shock. (the whole shock)    Of course Fox Emailed me now seal head out of stock. So im asking can they still get them or never.

P/N for my old Podium X is 997-01-013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch!!!  PMd you, Larry for a complete spare shock.  Thanks again Larry "for your service" for all of us!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks! The Hagon is pretty decent though. Racetech will do a custom shock though as far as I know. I'll send them my Hagon and tell them to build me a shock I guess. Honestly-- I was gonna grab a Fox at some point, but I don't feel like the Hagon has ever done me wrong? Send the Fox to Racetech and have them replicate that. Then get that res hanger duplicated and we'll be fine.  --L*64

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BSAVictor said:

Ouch!!!  PMd you, Larry for a complete spare shock.  Thanks again Larry "for your service" for all of us!

Sorry I guess I was not clear FOX has no more shocks does not make any moto shocks anymore. Only a stocking dealer may have one. If you want the most important part when it comes to service. Speak up now and I will order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, luckystar64 said:

That sucks! The Hagon is pretty decent though. Racetech will do a custom shock though as far as I know. I'll send them my Hagon and tell them to build me a shock I guess. Honestly-- I was gonna grab a Fox at some point, but I don't feel like the Hagon has ever done me wrong? Send the Fox to Racetech and have them replicate that. Then get that res hanger duplicated and we'll be fine.  --L*64

Only problem I think racetec shock over 1000$ more OCHHHH.  The other option is a Built revalved Xr250R shock Pm me if I can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya. We talked about that awhile back. Did the 250 shock fit? I know we said the 400 shock wouldn't-- never heard about the 250 shock? You'd think the LT guy would do another shock since he already knew the specs? The guy was kinda bizarre when I talked to him to be honest. I guess there's no major hurry as I'm satisfied with the performance of the Hagon for now. Super simple plug and play without a res too.  --L*64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, luckystar64 said:

Ya. We talked about that awhile back. Did the 250 shock fit? I know we said the 400 shock wouldn't-- never heard about the 250 shock? You'd think the LT guy would do another shock since he already knew the specs? The guy was kinda bizarre when I talked to him to be honest. I guess there's no major hurry as I'm satisfied with the performance of the Hagon for now. Super simple plug and play without a res too.  --L*64

Sorry more mis info 96 04 xr250r NO GO does not fit.   86  95 xr250r great if you know how to valve and rebuild it.  Even if you don't still works good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. Vortech-- I agree. This shock is super plush, simple, just all around nice for any price. I've read that the Fox was a bit better, but in all honesty-- more tuneability yields more possible incorrect settings in my hands! Hahaha! I DO love my 150/230F bike, and I ride the living crap out of it too, but it's the fun of inexpensiveness and simplicity that I like about it. When we start doing inverted forks.... expensive shocks.... highly built engines.... it starts to supercede the reason I like these bikes. Sad to see the Fox not being an option anymore, but glad the Hagon works so well for these bikes at such a good price. --L*64

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, luckystar64 said:

Hmmm. Vortech-- I agree. This shock is super plush, simple, just all around nice for any price. I've read that the Fox was a bit better, but in all honesty-- more tuneability yields more possible incorrect settings in my hands! Hahaha! I DO love my 150/230F bike, and I ride the living crap out of it too, but it's the fun of inexpensiveness and simplicity that I like about it. When we start doing inverted forks.... expensive shocks.... highly built engines.... it starts to supercede the reason I like these bikes. Sad to see the Fox not being an option anymore, but glad the Hagon works so well for these bikes at such a good price. --L*64

I have ridden both back-to-back and of course the Fox is superior by almost any and every measure.  But...  The average rider would be hard pressed to feel the difference and/or be willing and able to cough up the extra dough.  Believe it or not the Fox is more compliant and provides better traction than the Hagon and it never bottoms.  it is a fantastic piece of hardware.

In my case I got the Fox during a 10% Off sale at Cycle Gear so mine was "only" $500+tax.  On top of that I only weigh 150 pounds so the Fox was perfectly suited to my weight.  That being said I would go with the Hagon if I had to do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good price! I'm afraid that the goodness of the Fox would bring out the shortcomings of my forks at that point! I can't kid ya though-- I'm running Triplett modded rods in the forks with not one other thing done to them including stock springs, and the Hagon out back with a 230 linkage-- and everyone that's ever ridden the bike has loved it. One guy put his GF on it, and she wants to do the exact same bike for herself. Honda ought to offer it up. They have all the parts. I weigh 150 myself, and this is the funnest bike I've ever had including a couple of 150R's! Way easier to ride. --L*64

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, luckystar64 said:

That's a good price! I'm afraid that the goodness of the Fox would bring out the shortcomings of my forks at that point! I can't kid ya though-- I'm running Triplett modded rods in the forks with not one other thing done to them including stock springs, and the Hagon out back with a 230 linkage-- and everyone that's ever ridden the bike has loved it. One guy put his GF on it, and she wants to do the exact same bike for herself. Honda ought to offer it up. They have all the parts. I weigh 150 myself, and this is the funnest bike I've ever had including a couple of 150R's! Way easier to ride. --L*64

First-generation Triplett forks here and I love them.  Worlds better than the old emulators.  I can go very fast with these forks when need be.

Agree 100% forks are not up to the shock.  My buddy has full Triplett suspension on his 2003 XR250 including "Terrain Tamer" forks and just the opposite there -- Shock is not up to the forks.

Also agreed 100% on easy and fun to ride.  Just a great bike for most all average riding areas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×