SWM trials

Which parts ?

Nearly all should be available chassis parts and casing's just used but normally not a problem?

Edited by P-Schrauber

Which parts ?
Nearly all should be available chassis parts and casing's just used but normally not a problem?

Your right I haven't had any problems finding parts for my SWM. Martin from Motoswm has been great to deal with.
I was looking for having a spare bike. Even if it was another project.

A guy from our trials club had this bike, he is the #1 rider in our club and has won the series overall 4 years in a row with this bike! I got to ride it last year in a trials school they had. I really like the bike and told him if he ever wants to sell it please let me know. I bought it last week just before our last trials. I had my best finish ever in the NYACT series this past weekend on the SWM!

• Like 1

The only thing I need to do on the SWM is the clutch. He took a couple of the clutch springs out to make the clutch pull easier. I’m a little heavier and notice it slip in the upper gears. I’m going to put the springs back in and find another way to make the clutch easier. Any suggestions?

To the clutch there are four options:

Get a new really good fitting cable from Venhill with the right adapter to the clutch casing, then route the cable very well, last not least use Tomaselli levers which provide an better action angle. (10 - 20% reduction).

Build in a seperate reduction level.under the gas tank like the Jumbo or later 320 with aluminium rear swing arm have. (50 - 60% reduction).

Use the balls and engaging lever of the Enduro amd later trials models they use 9-11mm balls instead of 7mm. The lever inside is a bit longer too. Not easy to do the clutch casing needs to be killed perfectly. (10 - 20% reduction).

Get the complete clutch side case of an Aprilia TXR or Aprilia Climber engine. The Climber case needs a plate for the now not necessary water pump attachment. You need to shorten the lowest fin at the barrel for the arm which too can be lenghtened. (60 - 70% reduction).

All these Spring clutch plate swaps doesn't get you the beat performance ober the complete power range I would stay off.

Other possibility don't use the clutch the engine is not suited so much for clutch use. Instead this engine should be prune to stalking and delivering torque even at lowest rev.

Get better rear shocks improve the fork look up that the engine is really sound then you should try to adapt your riding to it.

Thanks P-Schrauber! I did buy a lever/ perch/cable assembly for the older Rotax Can Ams that works easier. It should work on the SWM.

Your right you don't really need the clutch on this bike once you get moving. It just lugs along at really low RPMs. I was amazed at some of the steep banks and hills the SWM would climb at really slow speed!