Atlas Defender vs Guardian

Anyone have experience with both of the Atlas guards? Ive been waiting a long time to get the guardian to go with my brace, but am starting to look at the defender again. How much coverage and protection does the defender provide? I like the guardian because of the shoulders but am not so sure about the foam protection instead of hard plastic. I dont really know. Pretty much just looking for opinions on both,

Thanks

Foam by itself is pretty much nothing unless the impact is spread out over a large area. I want solid plastic with some type of foam inner.

For what it is the Defender is a wonderful piece of body armor.  The full version is front and back and fits seamlessly with the neck brace.  The venting it has seems to accelerate the air through it so it is fairly cool.  I bought one, wore it a few times, but it didn't fit me quite right so I gave it to my 26 year old son who is less bulky than I am.  He loves it and won't ride without it, and it fits fine with his A Stars neck brace.  I'm going to be buying the Guardian here soon, just haven't had the money to do so.  From the Atlas website:

"The flexible back panel exceeds CE EN1621-2 Level 2 (highest level), but can still conform to your shape and move when you move."

Its also available with elbow and shoulder protection if you want it. 

The new generation of soft body armor from Leatt and Atlas uses a type of foam that will absorb impact just as well as the hard stuff.  Saying soft armor isn't going to protect you is info from 5 years ago.

Personally I've never experienced a crash while wearing soft armor but I have with rigid armor and I can say it saved my bacon.