Yz125 Transmission Locked Up

I have a 2000 yz125 that I've been working on for a while and I just can't seem to get down to my problem. When I bought the bike it was stuck in neutral and wouldn't shift into any other gear but would start up and run great. When I split the block a bearing holder was ground up in the transmission and I quickly inspected everything literally the full bottom and top end out replaced that part. I

Soon after I put the engine on the bike I noticed that it would shift gears but the rear wheel will lock so the bike can't move. in the clutch cover the gear on the bottom of the axel was stripped witch ='s no clutch. I figured that if the clutch wasn't imaging it wouldn't free the tranny up but after I replaced the part it was still doing the same thing but I did fix my clutch problem. The clutch looks brand new the plates aren't sticking the shift forks look good idk what could be the problem. I really don't want to take it to a shop because the last time I took my bike to a shop witch was a Kx250f they charged me 650$ to basically clean the carburetor witch ik how to do and replace a couple jets it was ridiculous so I'm not about to do that again. Anyone have a similar problem or know anything about the bottom end? Thanks to all help greatly appreciated.

Basically the bike wouldn't go into neutral and it wouldn't free role with the clutch pulled in.

You make sure the pinion gears spun while it was apart? Seen these weld themselves to shaft if oil run low. Look for bent fork or fork pin even? Do you have the shift mechanism rite or even the pawls rite. There could be few differentthings.  Even a wear spot in shift drum can make it not shift. I've seen all that stuff cause them problems. May have to split it again and check things more carefully :thumbsup:

Edited by Motox367

Well the bike shifts in 1,2,3,4 and 5th fine it just wouldn't go into neutral or when I pull the clutch in it wouldn't freewheel either I just don't get it but thanks for the tip I'll be sure to check the stuff out that you said when I take it apart again I'm just trying to get some solutions throw on the table so I know what I'm dealing with lol

12 hours ago, Justin93 said:

Well the bike shifts in 1,2,3,4 and 5th fine it just wouldn't go into neutral or when I pull the clutch in it wouldn't freewheel either I just don't get it but thanks for the tip I'll be sure to check the stuff out that you said when I take it apart again I'm just trying to get some solutions throw on the table so I know what I'm dealing with lol

What about 6th? Does it shift into 6th? 

The axel isn't in the transmission the axel I'm talking about is the one in the clutch cover that pulls the push rod out but I replaced that as soon as I saw it it didn't really effect anything tho it just gave my clutch a feel again. And as from 05 bellow I'm pretty sure they have only 5 gears

And I'm hoping to get the engine apart and look at it again this evening

I'll post pics and see what you guys think

8 hours ago, Justin93 said:

The axel isn't in the transmission the axel I'm talking about is the one in the clutch cover that pulls the push rod out but I replaced that as soon as I saw it it didn't really effect anything tho it just gave my clutch a feel again. And as from 05 bellow I'm pretty sure they have only 5 gears

And I'm hoping to get the engine apart and look at it again this evening

I'll post pics and see what you guys think

Yah, a 2002-04 engine does. But ok then, carry on. 

23 hours ago, Justin93 said:

I have a 2000 yz125 that I've been working on for a while and I just can't seem to get down to my problem. When I bought the bike it was stuck in neutral and wouldn't shift into any other gear but would start up and run great. When I split the block a bearing holder was ground up in the transmission and I quickly inspected everything literally the full bottom and top end out replaced that part. I

Soon after I put the engine on the bike I noticed that it would shift gears but the rear wheel will lock so the bike can't move. in the clutch cover the gear on the bottom of the axel was stripped witch ='s no clutch. I figured that if the clutch wasn't imaging it wouldn't free the tranny up but after I replaced the part it was still doing the same thing but I did fix my clutch problem. The clutch looks brand new the plates aren't sticking the shift forks look good idk what could be the problem. I really don't want to take it to a shop because the last time I took my bike to a shop witch was a Kx250f they charged me 650$ to basically clean the carburetor witch ik how to do and replace a couple jets it was ridiculous so I'm not about to do that again. Anyone have a similar problem or know anything about the bottom end? Thanks to all help greatly appreciated.

I found out my problem, I had to split the block again and when I did I found a busted casing my cousin put the wrong engine bolts in there and torqued them down so it rung the screw down and busted the block. Soon after I bought another casing for 75.00 and put it back and fixed it and my transmission problem was the gear on the bottom of the shaft was flipped around so it could make a full rotation after i filled it around it worked perfect and my clutch still wouldn't free wheel but it works when I'm riding but thanks for all the help :p

:)^