Carburetor joint replacement

So I just bought a 1997 yz250 and it had a busted carburetor joint so i ordered a new one from motosport. I was able to bolt it onto the bike fine but the issue i am having is that the carburetor doesn't want to sit in the carburetor joint and the air cleaner joint. Do you usually have to put some force into getting it situated in between the two? if i clamp it into the carburetor joint it is a good inch and a half above the air cleaner joint making it impossible to secure it into both joints. 

I would think its either the wrong part or you may of fitted it up side down.

You are probably right that it is just the wrong part. They do not make new carburetor joints anymore for the 97 yz250 so i bought one for a 02 yz250 and it looked exactly like what was on the bike when i got it. although the carb never looked like it was seated right from the beginning so it is possible the guy who sold it to me did the same thing. Not sure what to do now since i cant seem to find the part i need anywhere. 

10 hours ago, JohnBrecknan said:

bought it... thanks for the link

You are welcome. 2 year boot, so there will not be many out there, and that one looked excellent.