Cr 125 rebuild

The other day I was riding up a hill and my bike bogged then cut out and when I went to start it the kicker was locked up... I'm going to be rebuilding it so I figured I would start this thread in case I run into trouble.

Make sure you have a good work space set up 

Working on that now, tomorrow I plan on pulling the motor and putting it on a clean table

Good luck with your rebuild. I just finished mine. Absolutely important that you have the proper tools like a Tusk or other quality case splitter and crank puller. A clutch basket locking tool is a plus too. I also used a bearing puller and installer made for working on my Harley wheel bearings. Came in handy. I had to freeze the crank bearings and heat the case with a heat gun when installing them to help. You may find that the crank isn't perfectly centered when you join the cases. Simply use the puller on the side that has the larger gap to draw it over and recenter it. Some say it doesn't matter, I didn't like the way mine looked at first which was closer to the clutch side.

Take your time and use zip lock sandwich bags and a sharpie to label and keep the various bolts separate, like for the clutch cover, stator cover, case bolts etc. Easier to track which ones go where during reassembly. 

• Like 1