What was the best clearance prices on 2016 YZ last season ?

I am considering waiting to see what sort of deal I might find on a 2017 YZ 450 given that there is an all-new 2018 waiting in the wings.  I have seen  RMZ 450s at my local dealer for $5995 late season a couple years ago and perhaps should have jumped on that deal but I passed to buy a 2014 YZ 250 left in stock instead.  So, what was the best deals you saw or heard of last year as dealers were making deals to move the 2016 models out of showrooms?  I would love to get one for under $7,000 if possible.

When the 15s hit, a dealer in Ohio had the last couple 14 450s  listed at like 6200. OTD it was well under 7000. I tried to get my friend to jump on that but he waited too long. You just have to get lucky, I guess.

OTD can vary a bit depending on what state. Here in California the land of 10 percent sale tax you would need a price of about 6300 to get out at leas than 7K. With the 18 being all new there may be quite few left over 17s up for grabs. The really good deals come when bikes are not selling and thw mfg starts throwing incentives at them. The dealers themselves have little margin.

Last year the best I found was around $7k even OTD, no taxes.  This was in September '16, and I believe the Yamaha incentives ended sometime after as the dealers raised prices a few weeks later.  I would think with 2018's being all new they may be trying harder to clear out old stock.

Check Rock River Powersports in Wisconsin, they were easy to deal with and no BS when I made my purchase.  Depends on where you are in Indiana and how far you want to drive, but they would at least be a good gauge on prices.

EDIT: Just checked and Rock River already has the 2017 YZ450F at $6,999 + $100 doc fee.

Edited by MotoX178
More Info