Ryan Dungey

He might be having fun and living it up (which he deserves to do), but I wonder if he thinks about how he could be adding another title to his resume had he showed up this summer?

• Like 2

Well, in a year or two I wonder if he will think about sitting out this outdoors which pretty much have Dungey spelled all over it. 

Im sure it feels good to relax and have a great vacation but nothing will feel as good as winning if youre a racer and a champion. 

Wishing him the best thou. 

1 minute ago, ah665 said:

He might be having fun and living it up (which he deserves to do), but I wonder if he thinks about how he could be adding another title to his resume had he showed up this summer?

Would have been a cake walk 

If he wanted a challenge he'd have gone up north to race the likes of Goerke & Pourcel

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ah665 said:

He does not care one bit. Once you are over it, you're over it. Dungey left because he wanted to, not because he had to.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, portlandcsc said:

Worked his trade for 20 years and retired a millionaire with a smoking hot wife. Sorry lads, I see no regrets ever.

True but at the same time, sometimes athletes are just competitors. You only have a certain amount of time to be at the top of a sport like that. If you can win (which he still can) then you want to be out there. Then once it is gone, there is no coming back. Money is money, it's not everything. He would have a hot chick either way, so non-issue. 

I'm a big hockey fan / player, so just to compare. Look at Crosby. Dude has it all. Way more money than he could ever need, has literally won everything there is to win (most more than once). He has had concussion issues that threaten his health, so he could pack it in right now at the age of 30 and live the life. But he won't. He is driven to compete and be the best. It's just who he is and I love that. Dungey has other priorities and that is fine. But knowing that he maybe left some titles / wins / time racing etc could eat at him now or at some point. I think it would, if it were me in his position.

Either way, no problem with him calling it quits and living it up. He's earned that choice, like I said earlier.

22 minutes ago, whoops dude said:

He does not care one bit. Once you are over it, you're over it. Dungey left because he wanted to, not because he had to.

And at the top. So very few guys have done that. Him and RV took the sport over and made it their own until they were ready to quit. 

• Like 3

If your heart isn't into it, the rest of you will follow and either poor results or worse will follow. You have got to be fully committed, regardless of who the competition is, to win titles. If your not, then you either get hurt or ride around looking like you should have retired.

• Like 4

Athletes at that level are going to miss it big time when they retire, no doubt.  He's probably loving life right now, and although being married to a hot wife and having kids is great, his entire identity has revolved around being a championship rider and racer for most of his life.  

He's loving life, but I think he'll miss it and find a way to get back into the sport and be involved in some way (aka Emig).  He's probably more grounded than most, but he'll definitely need to find something to fill that hole.

I knew he had a six pack, but didn't know his wife did, too.  Damn, she's in great shape!

Just my $.02.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jcm3 said:

Athletes at that level are going to miss it big time when they retire, no doubt.  He's probably loving life right now, and although being married to a hot wife and having kids is great, his entire identity has revolved around being a championship rider and racer for most of his life.  

He's loving life, but I think he'll miss it and find a way to get back into the sport and be involved in some way (aka Emig).  He's probably more grounded than most, but he'll definitely need to find something to fill that hole.

I knew he had a six pack, but didn't know his wife did, too.  Damn, she's in great shape!

Just my $.02.

pre-baby abs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meyermetal said:

Would have been a cake walk 

If he wanted a challenge he'd have gone up north to race the likes of Goerke & Pourcel

1446087423-trump5.gif

• Like 1

His wife is ripped!  Looks like he's enjoying life.  Saw on Instagram him ripping at the baker factory.  I'm sure he'll be back to sport in some way sooner or later, nothing wrong with that, it's a great sport.

I'd still like to see him out at some local hare scrambles!

• Like 2

anyone know where they are vacationing at?  I am drooling over the back droop.  :goofy:  look at those steps..

The steps is a trail near Colorado Springs. The beach is Punta Cana.
  • Like 3