Goldentyre GT216HB 80/100 - 21

I recently bought a goldentyre gt216 80/100-21. Have anyone tried one ? it feels a little sketchy in rocky terrain and river beds, also in fire roads and it feels like is going to washout in turns. Maybe because it is a soft terrain tire ? In soft terrain it feels OKAY but i dont feel as confident as my last tire Bridgestone X40. Im using tubes at 10 psi. My tire is the one at the left of the picture.

goldentyre_gt_216aa_front_tyre_3sizes.jpg

I switched to this one too recently and had to get used to it a little bit, but never felt it was sketchy or anything bad. At most I would say it is one of the most unspectacular tyre I've used, but in a very good way. It simply works good. Used it soft terrain mainly but also on some rocks and riverbeds. I usually run a little less then 10 psi though.

Edited by borgwarner
typo

1 minute ago, borgwarner said:

I switched to this one too recently and had to ged used to it a little bit, but never felt it was sketchy or anything bad. At most I would say it is one of the most unspectacular tyre I've used, but in a very good way. It simply works good. Used it soft terrain mainly but also on some rocks and riverbeds. I usually run a little less then 10 psi though.

Thanks for your reply. I will keep using it to see what happens. How much psi are you using ?

It's a soft terrain tire with a small knob profile. It's never going to feel good on anything over 2nd gear. The 90/90 would have been a better option as the knobs are larger... 15psi is what I run on the 90/90 and is a good starting point... 

Tyre pressure heavily depends on the kind of terrain I ride. In situations where higher speeds are possible I go for 10psi. But most of the terrain I ride is first to third gear only (on a 13/48 200cc KTM). That's why I mostly do not care for high speed stability. Fast pace around here usually means 40mph max. I use tubliss btw.

Wish I could help but I've only run the GT216AA "Fatty" and absolutely love it! I've currently been running 11psi and it works great is the rocky desert riding I do. I would definitely try playing with your pressure up and down a few psi to figure out what works best for you.