P3 Carbon Fiber Vs LightSpeed Carbon Fiber Skid Plate - KX250f

In the market for a skid plate for my '15 KX250f, was thinking of getting one of these overpriced ones. Want one that offers solid protection without too much bulk. Anyone familiar with either of these?

http://p3carbon.com/shop/skid-plates/p3-carbon-skid-plate-kawasaki-kx250f-09-16/

or

http://www.lightspeedcarbon.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=334-00390

Most my bikes have an aluminum skid plate on it but my 450sxf FE has the P3, its a 2014 and has held up really great in these last 3 years. I do have a couple small chips/splintering areas so I know I may have to replace sometime in the future but a lot of life still in it. I now use the bike mostly for MX and have not seen any new issues. Those blemishes happened from when I was using the bike for desert racing. But I have also destroyed aluminum skid plates in a season or 2 and for what those cost you are really only throwing another $30 for a lighter, just as strong or stronger item with cool bling factor an so far I am getting what I paid for. IMO... Yes I would buy another one and may look at replacing a couple of the aluminum or plastic ones on other bikes I have.

1929991_896214380427352_5643694615857306930_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamond-Dave said:

Most my bikes have an aluminum skid plate on it but my 450sxf FE has the P3, its a 2014 and has held up really great in these last 3 years. I do have a couple small chips/splintering areas so I know I may have to replace sometime in the future but a lot of life still in it. I now use the bike mostly for MX and have not seen any new issues. Those blemishes happened from when I was using the bike for desert racing. But I have also destroyed aluminum skid plates in a season or 2 and for what those cost you are really only throwing another $30 for a lighter, just as strong or stronger item with cool bling factor an so far I am getting what I paid for. IMO... Yes I would buy another one and may look at replacing a couple of the aluminum or plastic ones on other bikes I have.

1929991_896214380427352_5643694615857306930_n.jpg

Great info, thanks. Did you ever look at the Lightspeed vs the P3 you have? I'm imagining they're pretty similar.

Sorry no on the Lightspeed, at that time I just went with the P3. My 300 is all aluminum'd up since it sees a lot of rocks doing NHHA, BITD and District races...But as mentioned I go through at least 1 alum skid plate a season from the rock bashing...

11898933_839128106135980_2616509632887451555_n.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like a beauty of a stable you have there Dave! It's so easy to get hooked...I got back on the horse about 2 years ago after about a 18 yr hiatus and man it's great to be back. I think I'm a better rider now than then, certainly wiser! Can't let age slow us down.

• Like 1