Another what bike should i buy threat

I've been thinking about changing my bike next year. I have a 16' Te 250. I've been riding for 2.5 years. Im in love with 17 ktms but i've owned a ktm and also a husqvarna so i would like to try something new. Beta, sherco or maybe the new gasgas ? Anyways i would like someone with a 17 250 or 300 exc give me their reviews and thoughts about their bike because ktm is at the top of my list.

I'd stay away from Gas Gas.  There was a big shake up with parts distribution after they went bankrupt and getting parts,  and accurate information from the dealers, especially on the newer bikes, is a bit of a pain right now.  I own a Gas Gas trials bike, and while I like it, dealing with the Gas Gas dealers and trying to find parts is frustrating.  Maybe things will improve over the next year or two, but I wouldn't be laying out my hard earned money until they can get their ducks in a row.  Even with their ducks in a row they are a small company which means forget about service manuals, parts diagrams, etc You better be able to figure out everything yourself.  You just pulled off the water pump and aren't sure where that little plastic disk that fell out goes, good luck finding out.

Obviously the KTM is a solid choice from both a performance, availability, service and parts availability perspective.  

I've always liked the Betas but after watching a number of reviews comparing them to the KTM, they all seem to concede they are both great bikes but the KTM is just a little bit better.  The beta's are smaller, so if you're shorter then maybe choosing the Beta over the KTM might make some sense.  Or if you just don't want to be lost in the sea of orange at every race, it's a solid alternative from what I understand.  But the only Betas I've ridden are trials bikes.  My understanding is that Beta has an online part ordering system that makes getting parts reasonably easy and fast.  I've also heard the parts are relatively cheap compared to more main stream bikes like the KTM.  But unless you're lucky enough to have a Beta dealer down the street, don't expect to take the bike in for service or warranty work.

I don't know much about the Sherco.  I've watched a few reviews on them and they were pretty heavy and had twitchy high speed handling due to a short wheelbase if I remember correctly.  Honestly I don't think I'd buy one unless they were clearly superior to the other choices and from what I've read/seen in the reviews I haven't see anyone claiming they are better all around.  

Doc

I'd stay away from Gas Gas.  There was a big shake up with parts distribution after they went bankrupt and getting parts,  and accurate information from the dealers, especially on the newer bikes, is a bit of a pain right now.  I own a Gas Gas trials bike, and while I like it, dealing with the Gas Gas dealers and trying to find parts is frustrating.  Maybe things will improve over the next year or two, but I wouldn't be laying out my hard earned money until they can get their ducks in a row.  Even with their ducks in a row they are a small company which means forget about service manuals, parts diagrams, etc You better be able to figure out everything yourself.  You just pulled off the water pump and aren't sure where that little plastic disk that fell out goes, good luck finding out.
Obviously the KTM is a solid choice from both a performance, availability, service and parts availability perspective.  
I've always liked the Betas but after watching a number of reviews comparing them to the KTM, they all seem to concede they are both great bikes but the KTM is just a little bit better.  The beta's are smaller, so if you're shorter then maybe choosing the Beta over the KTM might make some sense.  Or if you just don't want to be lost in the sea of orange at every race, it's a solid alternative from what I understand.  But the only Betas I've ridden are trials bikes.  My understanding is that Beta has an online part ordering system that makes getting parts reasonably easy and fast.  I've also heard the parts are relatively cheap compared to more main stream bikes like the KTM.  But unless you're lucky enough to have a Beta dealer down the street, don't expect to take the bike in for service or warranty work.
I don't know much about the Sherco.  I've watched a few reviews on them and they were pretty heavy and had twitchy high speed handling due to a short wheelbase if I remember correctly.  Honestly I don't think I'd buy one unless they were clearly superior to the other choices and from what I've read/seen in the reviews I haven't see anyone claiming they are better all around.  
Doc

Thanks for your reply. Im 5 10 not big but im okay with ktm/husky height. The beta seems to have very good reviews eevrywhere but personally i dont like the looks of the 14-17, now the 18 looks better. Another important thing for me is suspension, ive seen very mixed reviews about betas and the xplor (ktm) are new so not so many reviews i can read. I also think that betas plastic quality is not on par with ktm so they look kind of ugly after some use. The most affordable bike and the best dealership support over here is beta hands down. Well see what happens next year for me
  • Like 2