2017 ktm 350 xcf AER fork stock valving

Can anyone share the stock valving on a 2017 350 xc?  I'm ready to tweak my aer fork settings and need to know where I'm starting.  Thanks for any help. 

Thanks for the settings.  This fork feels skittery on trail junk and stiff for mountain singletrack.  With no MV comp stack, I guess that leaves the BV.  Unless someone has another recommendation.  I'll probably pull a couple of face shims and try it.  It rides plenty high in the stroke in stock form.  

I'm light at 165 LBS in gear so I'm testing at 118-135 PSI.  I'm an A level rider and like to tune my own stuff.  I've seen improvement at 10 clicks out from stock on the rebound.  I'll probably remove some shims from the reb as well.    

I'll share any findings and observations.  

Edited by hrpufinstuff
  • Like 1

You need to add rebound shims ( ah you are 10 clicks out more than std sorry )

On 7/5/2017 at 11:28 AM, mog said:

You need to add rebound shims ( ah you are 10 clicks out more than std sorry )

Yeah MOG.  It's mountain singletrack season here in Colorado so quick rebound is necessary.  The AER needs some work.  I'm not sold on it yet.  I wish we had some faster riding available this time of year so that I don't get carried away making it softer.  

Well, that was the easiest revalve ever.  There's not a whole lot going on in there.  Talentspotter is correct, there is no 16mm clamp in the BV, only an 18.  I made these changes:

BV
25x1.5
15.15 Added 
(4) (3) 28.15 removed one
(6) (5) 30.15 removed one

It may be too soft.  But I wonder if it would benefit from a MV comp stack.  The fork doesn't feel like there's no mv comp.  We have no comfortable way to test fast conditions this time of year.  That's where it may be needed.  

Testing on mountain singletrack today.  I'll post the results.  

Edited by hrpufinstuff

Closing the feedback loop here.  The above setting is very nice for rocks, roots, etc.  It stays up in the stroke with 126psi.  I'm currently at 15 out on comp and 17 out on rebound.  There is feedback but all harshness is gone.  

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1