No Toil line of products

A few years back I switched from petroleum based oils on the air filter to the No Toil brand. I heard some rumblings about the abilities of the No Toil to properly filter the air so when I pulled the air filter out I took a white cloth and wiped down the backfire screen. I got what appeared to be filter oil but also a brown dust looking residue. Total ride time on the filter was probably 15 hours in the Colorado Rockies. There can be dust but most of the time it is pretty clear air. At that time I decided to give it another chance so ordered a new preoiled No Toil filter, added a little more oil as it appeared to have some very light patches, applied No Toil sealing compound on the rim and put it all back together. Pretty much the same ride time and location so I removed the filter and wiped the backfire screen again. The brown residue was even more evident this time. All my connections applicable to the filter and box are tight so as not to let air around the filter. My only conclusion is the No Toil brand of products are not all that good.  Has anybody else had similar experiences or am I not looking at this right ?

3 hours ago, KAWBOYBILL said:

My only conclusion is the No Toil brand of products are not all that good.

Thats a pretty wide assumption - I wouldnt say all No Toil products are rubbish. What filter oil do No Toil use - what oil were you using ?

A few years back I switched from petroleum based oils on the air filter to the No Toil brand. I heard some rumblings about the abilities of the No Toil to properly filter the air so when I pulled the air filter out I took a white cloth and wiped down the backfire screen. I got what appeared to be filter oil but also a brown dust looking residue. Total ride time on the filter was probably 15 hours in the Colorado Rockies. There can be dust but most of the time it is pretty clear air. At that time I decided to give it another chance so ordered a new preoiled No Toil filter, added a little more oil as it appeared to have some very light patches, applied No Toil sealing compound on the rim and put it all back together. Pretty much the same ride time and location so I removed the filter and wiped the backfire screen again. The brown residue was even more evident this time. All my connections applicable to the filter and box are tight so as not to let air around the filter. My only conclusion is the No Toil brand of products are not all that good.  Has anybody else had similar experiences or am I not looking at this right ?

Use the green, not the red.

To my Australian responder: I have been using all No toil chemicals which included filter cleaner, filter oil, and rim grease for several years.  This past year I purchased a preoiled filter and added some No Toil oil to it because there were some light patches on it. As stated the results were worse.

Son-in-Law came over yesterday to pick up some riding equipment for our upcoming trip. He looked at my filter screen residue and agreed it was dust. However he has been using the green bottle and said his screen shows no sign of anything getting past the filter. So Green it is. Be interesting to see the results