what goggles do you wear and what are the best?

Hey folks 

been an Oakley kinda guy since day one when it comes to goggles, had a pair of thor goggles and they were a joke...cheap and didn't last long at all. got myself a good pair of Oakleys a few years ago and have used them up to this point. they were good but the adjustment strap broke and i've replaced the lens a few good times. was at the track the other day and my spare set of thor goggles broke....what a surprise.... rode over to the pro shop and let my wallet hang....

got a new pair of Oakley Front line MX prizum googles, said to be replacing oakleys air break. haven't tried them yet but really love the look and feel over the helmet, i like how the entire face area so no rocks can slip underneath and hit you. they were really pricey but i saw a little scratch on them so i got 20% off and am very happy so far, i wanted to try some 100% and Scotts but never got the chance, heard they were really good. 

so my question to you is, what do you use? and does it really matter to you or do you buy the cheapest gogs you can??? what do you dislike>? 

Thanks! 

I wear Scott exclusively but there no such thing as a "best" anything. That is always a personal decision.

• Like 1

I had a buddy who swore by Scotts. really loved them and hated anything else on his helmet...maybe the feel???? really should pick up a pair...

Do you guys buy into the expensive goggles or just think it's a waste? 

I have extensive experience with Scott and a little with 100%. I buy at the higher end of the price point and so far the Scott is better quality. Face shape plays a part as does helmet brand. I suggest you try a pair from each manufacturer and base your decision after extended use in variying conditions. I do like the view that I get from the 100%'s but they are cheaply made in comparison to the Scott's. I have 10 pairs of Scott & 5 pairs of 100% currently in rotation.

Unless there were free or I won them I'd run Scott. And always return back to them. Miss the old 89 series ;)

I have some Fox goggles with the two lenses separated by an air gap.  They never fog.  They're comfortable and fit well.  What other features seperate the good goggles from the crappy goggles?

Edited by Doc_d

Oakley or Scott for me. I have two pair of Oakley's for skiing. Just picked up a pair of Scott Prospect MX for riding. I have a big head (XL helmet) and wide face, so I need those wider models.

Dragon for me simply because that's what fits my face. If XYZ brand fit better, that's what I'd be running.

I've tried pretty much every goggle out there, and the Airbrakes are hands down my favorite...nothing fits me better, and the Prizm lenses are pure magic.  

And quality wise, they really are worth the money.

• Like 1

I have a couple pairs of the 100 percent goggles and I really like them... But I just got a pair of Oakley sunglasses with the prizm lense and I think those are going to have to be my next pair of goggles

16 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Unless there were free or I won them I'd run Scott. And always return back to them. Miss the old 89 series ;)

This X's 72!!! As someone else mentioned, Scotts fit my face very comfortably. I have some Smith's and they are good quality but they pinch my nose.

• Like 1

forget about goggles....have you guys used oakleys new PRIZM lenses?   pure magic is an understatement.  they will change your life.

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 1

I have Scotts but they spend most of their time in the helmet bag unless it is a very dusty trail ride. I mostly use plastic wrap around safety glasses with bifocal from Walmart, about $5.

13 hours ago, cdf450 said:

forget about goggles....have you guys used oakleys new PRIZM lenses?   pure magic is an understatement.  they will change your life.

I can't agree more, i really love my new frontline mx goggles. 

What i don't like is how hard it is to put them back together!!! 

worth the money tho ;)

I have a pair of 100% Accuri that I have had for several years, I love them except the part at the top makes it hard to fit them with some helmets.  They didn't fit quite right with my old Fly helmet, but fit fine with my Bell.  My other pair of goggles is a cheap pair of ANSR ones.  For a low end goggle they are very comfortable, and lenses for them are CHEAP.  The goggles are like $20 and the lenses are a couple bucks.  But, my next new ones will either be the Oakleys or another pair of 100%.

• Like 1

I really like the oakley frontlines mx. great goggle and the lens is next level

the thing i hate about them is things like taking them apart, it took me 25 minutes to get the nose piece back in, it takes me another 10 to get the lens back in after cleaning it. 

i will have to put up with it but it's for sure my most disliked thing about them.  

49 minutes ago, TomTopDog12 said:

I really like the oakley frontlines mx. great goggle and the lens is next level

the thing i hate about them is things like taking them apart, it took me 25 minutes to get the nose piece back in, it takes me another 10 to get the lens back in after cleaning it. 

i will have to put up with it but it's for sure my most disliked thing about them.  

Should have gone with the Airbrakes...it literally takes 5 seconds to change the lens ;)

• Like 1