Jump to content

Need help routing a hose on 08 250x

Recommended Posts

Hi, bit of an embarrassing question but I just removed my carb and cleaned it and now when I'm putting it back in there is one hose which I have no idea where it goes. I've watched some videos like this one which goes over routing everything but I can't seem to find it in there either.. It's not attached to the carb, and I'm not totally sure what the proper name for it is, so I'll just attach some pics (there is a T in it, and the other part just goes down by the bottom of the shock for overflow drainage I assume):

 

60ylQpU.jpgF5Ye647.jpgZHWO833.jpg

 

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks!

Edited by 08250x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 08250x said:

Hi, bit of an embarrassing question but I just removed my carb and cleaned it and now when I'm putting it back in there is one hose which I have no idea where it goes. I've watched some videos like this one which goes over routing everything but I can't seem to find it in there either.. It's not attached to the carb, and I'm not totally sure what the proper name for it is, so I'll just attach some pics (there is a T in it, and the other part just goes down by the bottom of the shock for overflow drainage I assume):

 

60ylQpU.jpgF5Ye647.jpgZHWO833.jpg

 

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks!

Looks like an overflow tube double check the sides of the carb and make sure they're all there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the gearbox vent hose, you can see it plug on near the starter.

 

It then splits into a T, one hose to the ground, the other end routes up near the valve cover

and clips onto the crankcase breather hose using that double ended plastic clip.

 

The CRF250X vent hoses is overcomplicated (perhaps to meet some EPA standards...?)

 

Luckily you can easily un-clutter the bike with a few simple mods :

 

- Removing the PAIR valve, no need to buy expensive block-off kits, JB Weld or a welder will do.

 

- Eliminating most of the 'T's and simply routing the vents and overflows to the ground like the motocross R version.

 

- If your usage isn't prone to overheat the engine, the coolant recovery tank can also be ditched.

(mine is now recycled as the fuel tank for my 2HP 2-stroke garden tiller!)

 

- The hot start lever and cable can removed, replaced by a carburator mounted 'choke' knob.

 

- The numerous electrical connectors mounted behind the right hand radiator have enough extra slack 

to be relocated under the gas tank, centralizing electricals in one area, away from the elements / pressure washer etc.

 

I did this over winter, makes for working on the bike more enjoyable as there is less stuff in the way.

Edited by mlatour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mlatour said:

That's the gearbox vent hose, you can see it plug on near the starter.

 

It then splits into a T, one hose to the ground, the other end routes up near the valve cover

and clips onto the crankcase breather hose using that double ended plastic clip.

 

The CRF250X vent hoses is overcomplicated (perhaps to meet some EPA standards...?)

 

Luckily you can easily un-clutter the bike with a few simple mods :

 

- Removing the PAIR valve, no need to buy expensive block-off kits, JB Weld or a welder will do.

 

- Eliminating most of the 'T's and simply routing the vents and overflows to the ground like the motocross R version.

 

- If your usage isn't prone to overheat the engine, the coolant recovery tank can also be ditched.

(mine is now recycled as the fuel tank for my 2HP 2-stroke garden tiller!)

 

- The hot start lever and cable can removed, replaced by a carburator mounted 'choke' knob.

 

- The numerous electrical connectors mounted behind the right hand radiator have enough extra slack 

to be relocated under the gas tank, centralizing electricals in one area, away from the elements / pressure washer etc.

 

I did this over winter, makes for working on the bike more enjoyable as there is less stuff in the way.

Thanks a lot for the reply and the list of mods! Much appreciated, I'll definitely be looking into these on the next rainy day :)

5 hours ago, Osborne-07 said:

It attaches to the valve cover vent hose.

IMG_0879.JPG

Ah perfect thanks a ton for the photo, super appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I just about have things sorted out and back together (need to do better in the future with taking pics/writing down where things go), I'm hoping someone would be able to help me with one last thing. The hose coming from the top of the coolant recovery tank, I believe this is just for overflow/breathing, does this route down by the shock?

 

 

IMG_0681.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the tube from the radiator cap connects to the lower fitting on the recovery tank,

the tube from the upper fitting of the tank is then routed (on the opposite side of the chain) down to the ground near the shock.

 

BTW, wow that rear tire looks like a racing slick!

Edited by mlatour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Yes, the tube from the radiator cap connects to the lower fitting on the recovery tank,

the tube from the upper fitting of the tank is then routed (on the opposite side of the chain) down to the ground near the shock.

 

BTW, wow that rear tire looks like a racing slick!

Thanks a lot, that's what I figured but just wanted to be safe. And yeah I think the photo makes the tire look way worse than it is, but I do have new tires coming real soon as well :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×