Ride To the beach

Morning Bill,

Be one hell of a ride bro,may be enough fire roads to get you across.I ride up to the Lookout Roadhouse/Hell's Kitchen every now and then on Sunday mornings(on the Busa)to have a cup of coffee and shoot the shit.Just picked up a CRF 450R a few months ago but have only been to the tracks in Elsinore so far,looking to hit Ocotillo Wells,Gorman,etc. in Oct. when red stickers aren't discriminated against and would like to locate a few off road areas close to home(I'm in Horsethief Canyon Ranch,about 8-9 miles north of Elsinore off the 15)I can play around on.

Jeff

Yep,pretty much am limited to the Busa out on the road since the 450R is a red sticker(feel sorry for the old girl,have only put a total of 87 miles on it over the last 10 or so weeks).Fun(and comfortable)bike to ride,made 198 rwhp on the dyno when I had it tuned and gets right with it when I twist the throttle.Believe I'll head up there this morning around 7:30 or so and have a cup.

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20008_zpsvpk

Edited by piratediverjefff
  • Like 1

Yeah you can do it...which kind of bike

Take Ortega -> main divide -> Santiago peak -> 4 corners -> maple springs/Silverado canyon -> Santiago canyon -> freeway or not to beach through OC

Or Indian truck trail

It's a lot of dirt...and without w chair/umbrella/sandals the beach isn't always a great place to ride to

• Like 1

14 hours ago, piratediverjefff said:

Yep,pretty much am limited to the Busa out on the road since the 450R is a red sticker(feel sorry for the old girl,have only put a total of 87 miles on it over the last 10 or so weeks).Fun(and comfortable)bike to ride,made 198 rwhp on the dyno when I had it tuned and gets right with it when I twist the throttle.Believe I'll head up there this morning around 7:30 or so and have a cup.

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20008_zpsvpk

Ya very shiny, she's pertty!  Would be a really nice ride on 74 on her.  

Edited by Bill_B
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bhavesh said:

Take Ortega -> main divide -> Santiago peak -> 4 corners -> maple springs/Silverado canyon -> Santiago canyon -> freeway or not to beach through OC

Or Indian truck trail

It's a lot of dirt...and without w chair/umbrella/sandals the beach isn't always a great place to ride to

Plated 2008 KTM EXCR 530.   Have you done this ride? If so how long did it take? I would want to do Mostly dirt, but  I'm sure would welcome some payment at some point.  And ultimately would love to take a ride down the beach that's a long shot but would be cool. 

• Like 1

Or Indian truck trail

It's not the destination, my friend. It's the journey that matters. [emoji3]
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bill_B said:

Ya very shiny,

she's pertty!

Would be a really nice ride on 74 on her .  

I've put some laps on that beast through Ortega highway ~ just to scrub off those chicken fingers on the edge of those fat tires .  .  . 

Edited by RedDrags
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, RedDrags said:

I've put some laps on that beast through Ortega highway ~ just to scrub off those chicken fingers on the edge of those fat tires .  .  . 

I never thought I would be thinking this I considered myself a dirt only guy but after putting in my 1st year in on a dule sport I could really get into having a sport bike I think.  Riding long distances on the road on a dirt bike kind of sucks.  Sport bikes look really fun AND nice SMOOOOOOOOOOOOTH ride. Not very smooth on the EXCR 530 with dirt tires. 

Drop on by Bill and you can take my Busa for a ride,super comfortable and way easier to handle/control than a dirt bike(will hit 185 at the top of 5th gear[GPS verified]if you feel the need for speed...and you still have 6th to go if that's not enough?).

Photo courtesy of SpeedoHealer top speed recall function;

OEM%20Stacks186%20mph%205-24-15%20003_zp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piratediverjefff said:

Drop on by Bill and you can take my Busa for a ride,super comfortable and way easier to handle/control than a dirt bike(will hit 185 at the top of 5th gear[GPS verified]if you feel the need for speed...and you still have 6th to go if that's not enough?).

I had one of the beast's also. It was a speed ☄️

• Like 1

Morning Steve,

They're definitely a thrill to ride bro,this is my 3rd Busa since my first in 2002(last one had a turbo and made about 260 rwhp on 7.5 lbs. of boost with a ported head,which is a baby these days as 500+rwhp is pretty common).Rode Harleys for almost 30 years('70-'98)and thought I'd try one of these for a change,been hooked ever since.

Jeff

• Like 1

On July 4, 2017 at 4:38 AM, piratediverjefff said:

Nice offer thanks Jeff I'll have to take you up on that would love to take her for a spin.  I've been riding close to your hood in recent weeks and want to start exploring the Cleveland forest more.  I've only ridden Wildomar OHV in there   How about I let you know when I head out your way on my next ride and we can plan a dirt ride, you can get some chops in the dirt and I'll take your Busa for a ride. But now this weather is going to kill the fun for everyone this week end.  When it gets into the 90s and higher is when I call it quits for the year.  I Hope we will have a few more cool days before the heat kills it for us.  

Edited by Bill_B
  • Like 1

Here is a bunch of my recent rides, this is what a dule sport will do for you. I marked your house to plan a ride nere you, I'm not stalking, lol.  Last couple I did at Canyon Lake and are the most challenging hill climbs around here I have found yet.  The group of guys who post here in Cali forum have got me hooked on getting better at hill climbing.

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

You're on bro,whenever you want to take the Busa out just come on over.You've been doing some serious ridin' buddy,will have to start callin' you Wild Bill!?I hear ya on the heat thing,once it gets above 80 I start going down hill fast.I can take the cold way better than the heat(35 years in northern IL before moving out west in '91),I tend to look at July,Aug. and Sept. out here the same as I did Dec.,Jan. and Feb. back there.Right now if I ride the Busa I get out around 7:00-7:30AM and am back before 10:00AM.

11 hours ago, piratediverjefff said:

You're on bro,whenever you want to take the Busa out just come on over.You've been doing some serious ridin' buddy,will have to start callin' you Wild Bill!?I hear ya on the heat thing,once it gets above 80 I start going down hill fast.I can take the cold way better than the heat(35 years in northern IL before moving out west in '91),I tend to look at July,Aug. and Sept. out here the same as I did Dec.,Jan. and Feb. back there.Right now if I ride the Busa I get out around 7:00-7:30AM and am back before 10:00AM.

let's see how the weather plays out in the coming days / weeks but I'm afraid it may be heating up from here on out. This time of year is a bummer when it just gets to hot to ride. I already can't wait till Nov1st!  I grew up in Las Vegas! Hate the heat!  

Ive covered most of the riding around me, want to explore more near your way. Were are some good trail heads at the base of the mountains by you? 

• Like 1