XTrainer carb removeall

I need to check the float level on my carb. Does the battery, oil injection need to be removed to swing the sub frame up? My search didn't come up with anything. T.I.A.

18 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

On my 17, a bullet terminal for the map switch came undone from swinging the subframe up. I didn't notice it until a few days afterwards

I'll check mine, thanks. I did notice the rubber band battery retainer broke when I did mine.

On 1 July 2017 at 11:11 PM, ohiodrz400sm said:

On my 17, a bullet terminal for the map switch came undone from swinging the subframe up. I didn't notice it until a few days afterwards

The 17 XT map switch male bullet should replace the black male wire which is plugged into the red/yellow wire inside the frame triangle in front of the radiators and the earth loop to the coil mount bracket.

NOTE: The male bullets on the BETA supplied map switches are too small for the female sockets, so you need to do some " adjusting" to make sure there is solid metal to metal contact and that its not just the clear rubber protective outer that is keeping the connection together...

Map Switch - 1 (1).jpg

NOTE: The male bullets on the BETA supplied map switches are too small for the female sockets, so you need to do some " adjusting" to make sure there is solid metal to metal contact and that its not just the clear rubber protective outer that is keeping the connection together...
5959bfa1cfea3_MapSwitch-1(1).thumb.jpg.2a3c0a70f3472058b160ae4d81d3f0a5.jpg

So it wasn't just my bike. I had to perform a vaginoplasty on mine too.