2005 Suzuki DR650SE 7600 miles $2200

Guys,

I'm dead set on getting a Honda XR650L but a 2005 Suzuki DR650SE just popped up for $2200 with 7600 miles. I can't find any XR650L near that price with those numbers. Would you guys consider a DR650SE over a XR650L? 

It looks pretty clean (i.e. not ridden off road much).

Thanks.

Yeah, I did. And the guy for no reason dropped the price $1,800. Got a great deal.

It just has some jetting issues to work through (supposedly). The air filter is rotted and we started the bike up without the air filter, so I guess that the bike's coughing from too much air. 

So far, the only thing that I do not like about it is that it sits low. I'm 5'10 and I like the seat height of my XR400. Do you guys think that there could be a lowering link in it?

20170703_175634.jpg.599ce8c87911d966265e549aa307ba29.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, I did. And the guy for no reason dropped the price $1,800. Got a great deal.
It just has some jetting issues to work through (supposedly). The air filter is rotted and we started the bike up without the air filter, so I guess that the bike's coughing from too much air. 
So far, the only thing that I do not like about it is that it sits low. I'm 5'10 and I like the seat height of my XR400. Do you guys think that there could be a lowering link in it?
20170703_175634.jpg.599ce8c87911d966265e549aa307ba29.jpg

That's an awesome deal, the DR just has a lower seat height compared to similar bikes, but you should be able to measure it and compare that to stock height. These guys are THE authority in DR world. They're local to me, I'm looking for a DR to replace my street bike.
https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html
  • Like 2

I have an 07 dr650 and I love it, great bike. I've never ridden an xr650 but I have to say my suzuki has been very reliable! Only thing I've had to do is fork seals. I've got 16,000 miles on it 

My seat sits 35" off the ground with no weight on it

14992752017121855017727.jpg

On 7/3/2017 at 6:06 PM, HeavyRotation said:

That's an awesome deal, the DR just has a lower seat height compared to similar bikes, but you should be able to measure it and compare that to stock height. These guys are THE authority in DR world. They're local to me, I'm looking for a DR to replace my street bike.
https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

Thanks for that website, never heard of it. Looks like they have all kinds of cool stuff

• Like 1

The rear shock has two holes the bolt can go into. If it is currently in the top hole, it is in the low position. If you swap it to the bottom hole it will be 1 1/2 inches taller. The forks have a steel spacer that can be configured to be in the low position (under the top out spring) or standard position (under the fork cap on top of the main spring). Set the front to match the rear to keep the bike balanced.

• Like 1