Used 15'-16' YZ250f or FX

Hey guys. I'm just wanting to get your opinions on buying a used 15-16 YZF or FX. I'd like to hear what y'all think about the reliability of these bikes so I'm not buying something I'm gonna have a bunch of problems with.

What are your planning to use it for? The YZ250FX is pretty unbeatable for a excellent overall bike.

As for reliability, Yamahas are a gold standard...but that doesn't mean some didn't have their problems... 

That all being said, if maintenance/reliability/cost is a concern than maybe a 4t isn't for you... 

The only problem is I can't find a used FX. I've found what look like decent YZs with like 20 or 30 hours on them

Alright I got one more question for ya. Should I try to find a 16 model with the little tweaks to the motor or just go with a 15

There's a reason it's harder to find an FX... They're worth it.

• Like 2

if it didn't have electric start I personally wouldn't buy it. I have a 2017 WR250F and couldn't imagine kickstarting it every time. Esp on a hill stall or off camber slick spot. I have tried to kick start my WR with Nike Running shoes. Wasn't happening.
JMO but electric start is a must for trail and racing alike.  BTW I saw 2018 YZ450F is going electric start for motocross. :D

YZ250F kick starts just fine. Have heard the WRF and FX are a lot harder to kick start. In saying that I am on the lookout for a good FX for the e start and 6 sp. 

The YZ250F is still a great off road bike however