2006 CRF 250X Forks Gone Stiff

After unloading my bike from the truck I realized my forks had gone rock hard and would only budge if firmly forced down by the handlebars. These forks are in great condition. I'm not really a suspension expert so I'm wondering if there is an explanation for this. I'll take them apart and put some new seals in, but I don't understand why this would happen. Is something internally broken?

Thanks in advance for any input!

This topic is in the suspension forum as well. 

Are these the original forks to your '06 CRF250X?  (Showa type TC47)

Worn bushings could cause the binding, when were they last serviced?

If they've never been serviced before or a least not recently, there are other wear items inside that really affect performance.

The ICS piston inner seals and, lower cartridge rebound seals are likely to be leaking which turns the damping to mush.

These are original forks. I recently picked up the bike from a friend and he definitely serviced them.

Could you specify the bushings you are referring to?

I noticed on motosport.com they have the full dampening assembly for sale as well as the bolt assembly. Is there a better place for suspension parts?

Thanks!

For the seals I mentioned it is highly suggested to use genuine OEM parts the avoid surprises / having to re-do the job sooner than expected.

Many have 'been there -done that-....a chance to learn from their mistakes rather than yours!

You can buy these seals from Factory Connection.

The bushings I meant are simply the upper / lower bushings for the fork tube. 

When they wear, tubes can bind and it often causes the seals to leak as well do to excessive play between parts.

Again, a genuine Honda/Showa fork seals and bushings kit is preferred.

Edited by mlatour

3 hours ago, mlatour said:

For the seals I mentioned it is highly suggested to use genuine OEM parts the avoid surprises / having to re-do the job sooner than expected.

Many have 'been there -done that-....a chance to learn from their mistakes rather than yours!

You can buy these seals from Factory Connection.

The bushings I meant are simply the upper / lower bushings for the fork tube. 

When they wear, tubes can bind and it often causes the seals to leak as well do to excessive play between parts.

Again, a genuine Honda/Showa fork seals and bushings kit is preferred.

??