2009 525RS suspension mods? It's too stiff!

I have a 09 Beta 525RS.  I'd like to know what stock spring rates are used in forks and shock.  Valving info would be nice also.  It's too stiff/harsh for me.  I''m not sure if I need softer springs or valving changes, or what, but some specs on what I have would be a good place to start.  I bought it from the first owner and he said its not modified. thanks.  I wiegh 170

Did you check betausa site for accessories for your bike? suspension? i have an09 525 RS. I went stiffer with the springs.. but I'm 220.. Anyway you might find some suspension talk in threads in the exotics threads as that's where Beta was in 2009. Check the support side for manuals etc for more info for Betausa site . i forget what my stock springs were for my 525 .

3 hours ago, bluegroove said:

I have a 09 Beta 525RS.  I'd like to know what stock spring rates are used in forks and shock.  Valving info would be nice also.  It's too stiff/harsh for me.  I''m not sure if I need softer springs or valving changes, or what, but some specs on what I have would be a good place to start.  I bought it from the first owner and he said its not modified. thanks.  I wiegh 170

It's probably UNDER sprung for you, and you are sitting too low in the stroke, and transitioning to the base valve too soon.

Forks that old should be completely serviced anyway.

Springs, by themselves, have nothing to do with 'soft' or 'stiff', unless they are way out of range.

• Like 2

yes, service is needed for sure:)   any stock specs or other tips would be appreciated, thanks!

1 minute ago, bluegroove said:

yes, service is needed for sure:)   any stock specs or other tips would be appreciated, thanks!

put searches in exotics.. just google and include thumpertalk.. lots of times I have trouble searching in TT. I'm thinking just servicing the stock suspension ought to be fine. The 525 rs was fine for me ..soft and plush stock.. i went stiffer..and now I think I could have gone even stiffer.. I forget what I have on my 525 now.. but be sure to look in the betausa support section for manuals etc..