Sign in to follow this  

Favorite Dirtbike cleaning products?

Just wanna see what your guys use to wash your bikes soaps,brushes etc...

Use to use Mr clean.  Last few years been useing blue dawn dish soap in spray bottle. Then pressure wash. Works good with dish brush on white plastic 

Edited by Motox367

Tried various flavors of Simple Green, they all sort of work but nothing special.

My long time favorite is still Spray-Nine, spray on and rinced off before it dries, it 'almost' cleans off all the dirt and mud by itself.

A light blast of pressure washer on non-sensitive areas (away from bearings, gaskets, electricals etc.) mostly just on the tires

then it's a wash mitt, a bucket of warm water, Dawn dishwashing soap and elbow grease.

Unlike blasting away with a pressure washer, hand washing also allows you to closely inspect everything (loose fasteners, worn parts etc.)

Once dry, the plastics gets a wipe down with cheap 'Simoniz' polish (similar to Armor-All).

Edited by mlatour

Shout, followed by hand wash, garden hose rinse off. For the chain, diesel fuel, with plastic brush(o-ring chain). 

Remove chain - Cover airbox hole - block pipe - Pressure wash bike - then spray with Shell Dobatex Gold - let sit for 15 mins - dish scrubbing brush + big sponge - scrub / sponge with hot water with Shell Dobatex Gold - rinse off

wait until dry the spray whole bike with silicon spray

always done it this way - OCD thing

"Totally awesome " it's a cleaner that is like it's name ! Cheap found at dollar general

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brendan31 said:

What is a good polish to use on an aluminum frame and on side covers on the engine?

Never dull. The more you rub the shinier it gets. If you've never used it before it comes in a can and is almost like a raw cotton material soaked in some kind of solution. I figured out a way to rig pieces of it up to my cordless drill and use it as a buffer, going nice and slow taking my time. I could almost see my reflection on the side engine covers. 

• Like 1

Water.  And if I'm feeling really energetic I'll add some soap to the water.  Paper towels work well for wiping off the rear wheel and other greasy parts.  I never use a pressure washer, I'm not a big fan of repacking bearings weekly.

Its a dirt bike. 😉

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

Ryobi 1700 psi electric power washer with purple power in the soap tank, hooked up to the hot water spiket.

It's relatively cheap, has way more power than a hose yet is more forgiving than a typical gas powered unit. Still, with any pressure washer, common sense is key.

• Like 2

What is a good polish to use on an aluminum frame and on side covers on the engine?

Mother's works well too. The problem with polishing the frame and such to a mirror like finish is it only lasts a ride or 2.
  • Like 1

Shout works great and no worry of etching aluminum. Plus it is cheap.

10 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I never use a pressure washer, I'm not a big fan of repacking bearings weekly.

Its a dirt bike. 😉

Maybe you should learn how to use one then.

Its a pressure washer.

• Like 1

MUD BOSS BY RHINO INDUSTRIES

After 40 years of cleaning dirt bikes and trying just about everything there is out there in the market nothing comes even close to this stuff no joke!

Mud-Boss_big.jpg

Edited by throttle violence

My bike gets dirty or dusty mostly, not muddy. So I ignore it largely.

If I'm going to work on it I blow the appropriate areas off, if there's mud I pressure wash using common sense. 

11 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Maybe you should learn how to use one then.

Its a pressure washer.

Yes, its a pressure washer, pushing water and the dirt with it into places it doesn't belong.

Yes, its a pressure washer, pushing water and the dirt with it into places it doesn't belong.

You have no idea what your talking about. I pressure wash mine every weekend, I regrease once or twice a year and they still have plenty of grease. In the last 16 years and 5 different bikes I've replaced 1 set of wheel bearings.
All this talk about pressure washing is bad is bs.
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, David C said:

You have no idea what your talking about. I pressure wash mine every weekend, I regrease once or twice a year and they still have plenty of grease. In the last 16 years and 5 different bikes I've replaced 1 set of wheel bearings.
All this talk about pressure washing is bad is bs.

One set of wheel bearings  is it? Must not be a Yamaha Then lol i go threw front one left and right with every one ive had. But if you don't take apart and grease pressure washer will do as he says. Exspecaily swingarm bearings.