I sold my Beta, now I'm bikeless

Thanks for all the help over the last 6 years. Today I let my 09 450RR go to a new owner. I did a lot of work to it this winter and had it dialed in. I'm having some seller's remorse. But I had to do it. I've seen a few 350 and 390's slip through my fingers due to lack of cash. So I'm on the hunt for one of those to start all over again making it just right for me.

• Like 4

I know all too well about seller's remorse. I'm a guy who has very little disposable income to buy bikes with cash. I sold my well dialed in Ninja 650R to fund rebuilding my KTM 300. I was really bummed to lose that ride. 

I saved for years to buy my Beta. I walked in with a cashier's check for over 10K of hard earned money to get my 520RS. And as you also know we never get what we put into these bikes at selling time.

Sounds like you are a lot like me and refuse to go into deep dept for our hobby. I wish you the very best of luck getting your next bike whatever brand it might be.

• Like 3

Hey... great!!! Next!!! I'm keeping my 09 525 RS though.. I'm thinking I'm keeping that thing for a long time. I like a carb.  .. but there are lots of choices out there.. Get what you like and have fun!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

My greatest sellers remorse was a 2007 Husaberg FS550e I sold.

I profited from that bike, what I would call a decent amount considering I rebuilt the entire motor minus the connecting rod and transmission.

I wish I'd never have sold it, even though the rod was total mystery as to how long it's going to last.

But I used that money to buy a WR450 Supermoto and made it look pretty, then traded that for a JDM Subaru STI... ah man, still miss the Berg.

That probably was the cleanest and lowest KM Husaberg Supermoto in all of Canada.

Edited by Borgschulze
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, r_jackson said:

Thanks for all the help over the last 6 years. Today I let my 09 450RR go to a new owner. I did a lot of work to it this winter and had it dialed in. I'm having some seller's remorse. But I had to do it. I've seen a few 350 and 390's slip through my fingers due to lack of cash. So I'm on the hunt for one of those to start all over again making it just right for me.

I hear ya.  Sold my completely dialed KTM 300XC that I built specifically for me last winter. 

After 30+ years of riding I finally bought my first ever new bike, Beta 390RS. Zero regrets. Unbelievable bike!  You won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, firffighter said:

I hear ya.  Sold my completely dialed KTM 300XC that I built specifically for me last winter. 

After 30+ years of riding I finally bought my first ever new bike, Beta 390RS. Zero regrets. Unbelievable bike!  You won't be disappointed.

Nice!  Like you, out of the dozen or so streetbikes and dirtbikes I've had in my life, the Beta RR-S was my very first brand new bike.  I also agree, it has been awesome.  A bike I can commute on M-F and then take on any trail I want to, and it will go right on through any of them with no problem at all.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 3

On 7/2/2017 at 7:40 AM, Borgschulze said:

My greatest sellers remorse was a 2007 Husaberg FS550e I sold.

I profited from that bike, what I would call a decent amount considering I rebuilt the entire motor minus the connecting rod and transmission.

I wish I'd never have sold it, even though the rod was total mystery as to how long it's going to last.

But I used that money to buy a WR450 Supermoto and made it look pretty, then traded that for a JDM Subaru STI... ah man, still miss the Berg.

That probably was the cleanest and lowest KM Husaberg Supermoto in all of Canada.

Dat motor! Miss mine too.

The Beta is a better bike overall though so I guess I'll keep it.

18 minutes ago, basalt said:

Dat motor! Miss mine too.

The Beta is a better bike overall though so I guess I'll keep it.

I'd like to try Supermoto wheels on my XTrainer one day... in which case I'll probably want to convert it to 300RR engine as well.