Not enough gas?

I have a rm125 and it has like 5 grand restoration done to it inside and out. I had just recently got it and it feels like the powerband hits really late or it is struggling to get fuel. If I replaced the main jet in the carb with a jet that would go in a 250 2 stroke would that fix the problem or does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

I remember around 2001 if I'm not mistaken, there was an issue with the power valve, the arm was breaking. The powerband coming late could be a power valve stucked in the open position. If the jetting is stock and the bike is all stock also I don't think changing the main jet would help anything.

What year is the RM and is it air cooled or liquid cooled.  My 1975 RM cost about $1600 out the door brand new.

And by the way, a perfectly running RM-125 is going to make most of its power up high in the power band, "really late" if you are used to a 250 or bigger bike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mcnally21 said:

I have a rm125 and it has like 5 grand restoration done to it inside and out. I had just recently got it and it feels like the powerband hits really late or it is struggling to get fuel. If I replaced the main jet in the carb with a jet that would go in a 250 2 stroke would that fix the problem or does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

I'm only quoting because that sends a notification...

Like GlennRay posted, we need a few more clues:

1.  What year is the bike?

2.  Any engine mods, or was it a stock rebuild?

3.  Where are you riding (MX track or trail) and how are you riding it (is it broken in or are you still taking it easy)?

4.  What fuel are you using? (high octane race or pump gas), & what pre-mix ratio are you using?

5.  And just wondering but how much do you weigh?

• Like 1

I wonder if it's something simple being overlooked like if the reeds weren't replaced and they are bad. 

• Like 1