Best 80/20 Tire for KLX

Ok, I know this topic gets thrown around a lot.  But I'm 60 years old and back on a two-wheeler after about 25 years off of them.  Found a great 2012 KLX 250 with less than 1000 miles on it.  My riding will be at least 80/20 street.  I also ride primarily on twisty two-lane mountain roads. So I'm up for recommendations on primarily a street tire that handles turns well with a little bit of gravel fire roads mixed in.  I'd appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks!

I have the same bike. Went with a MEFO explorer front and rear. Way better than stock on the street, in fact kind of seems like a lot of street tires I have owned. Does really good in the dirt, not a MX tire, but I have gone up some wicked rocky gravely washout stuff no problem. I had to get mine shipped from some dealer in Utah, but I see they are now selling in a lot of online moto shops. I ride twistie canyons in Colorado, then whip off on some jeep trials and then side tracks off those with no thought about my tires. When I first got the bike it was a little tall for me (5'5" and 51yo) so I put a lowering link on it. The bike pushed the front end on the gravel roads, I bought it new and only adjusted sag. I lowered the front forks some with the lowering rear links and the bike corners great in the dirt now, so if it pushes the front in dirt turns, try lowering the front forks a tad for more bite up front.

I have about 1000 miles on those MEFO tires and the front looks new, the back is still great with very little flat spot. I ride more like 60/40 or 50/50. I got the stock sizes, I did not want to add more flywheel weight to this 250 at 6,000 feet all the time. Love the tires, doubt I would try anything else, they are even good in a downpour on twistie canyon roads. NO highway noise like off road tires!

Thanks for the response.  I was beginning to wonder if anyone would.  I was pretty much set on a pair of Shinkos, but now I'm going to re-think it.  Those MEFO Explorers look pretty darn good.  Anyone else have thoughts on the MEFO Explorers vs. Shinko 705's?