Dose anyone use the Bikemaster lift stand ? Or any stand with a piston ?

I currently use the KTM stand with the lifting foot pedal and I like it but my only pet peeve about it is the way sounds when I release the pedal and it slams down and it sounds like a jack stand slamming down.. Don't get me wrong the bike comes down fine, I just hate the jack stand sound. A guy at a local dealership said his fridend had a fly stand with the piston and the top pice bent (yikes, maybe his friend jumped on the bike exceeding the wight limit) so that's why I'm asking about the Bikemaster lift. The Bikemaster and the fly are the 2 that come up when I surch for these type lifts and I'm even questioning the hole idea of piston. So any help will be greatfully appreciated ! Also, My stand is new and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can run a beed of cylocone on the bottom of the neack of my stand so I won't get that jack stand slamming sound? I'm not sure, I might need someone to help lower the stand while I look and see where it hits. 

I have and like this one: DRC Red/Black HC2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X8E5DE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_acwwzbN7BHG1V

It lifts my 510cc dualsports no problem (~260lbs each) plus I (165lb) can also be on the bike without breaking the stand when elevated. The maximum lifting weight is 330 lbs

Edited by tyler90
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tyler90 said:

I have and like this one: DRC Red/Black HC2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X8E5DE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_acwwzbN7BHG1V

It lifts my 510cc dualsports no problem (~260lbs each) plus I (165lb) can also be on the bike without breaking the stand when elevated. The maximum lifting weight is 330 lbs

Thanks ! That looks like a nice lift, I like the height adjustment on that lift too. 

I also have the DRC stand.  Have had it for about ten years, works great.  Slowly lowers your bike.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gflo said:

I also have the DRC stand.  Have had it for about ten years, works great.  Slowly lowers your bike.

10years whoa sounds reliable. Thanks